Author Topic: I used to be somewhat skeptical about Black Sand PC's........  (Read 24473 times)

Double Ugly

Re: I used to be somewhat skeptical about Black Sand PC's........
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »
I may bite the bullet and call Shane to determine if he still has any of the Silver Cords. 

A guy on AC is asking $325 for a 2m, 20 amp Silver Reference Mk.V. 

Seems like a pretty reasonable price to me... might want to check it out.  Click here

-Jim

Bigfish8

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 06:39:01 AM »
I arrived home late last night and listened to one of my favorite albums for approximately 30 minutes.  I then switched the PCs on the amps to the Silver Black Sands that I purchased from Shane.  Wow!!!  I admit I was a nonbeliever in that I did not expect to be able to hear much of change in sound from changing PCs.  I just could not rationalize how changing a PC could improve sound (ICs and SCs I could accept but not PCs).  The change was dramatic- just simply amazing.  I wish I had the proper terms to describe the change but I will describe it as a much crisper, more live-like sound.  The music was distinctly more pleasing.  There is no longer in doubt in my mind that these PCs are worth every penny. 

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 06:48:56 AM »
My experience too, with the Snappers, compared to their stock computer cords.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »
I had a hunch you'd be pleased  :) You didn't say if you added a new cord for the preamp. If not, you can expect more improvement when you do. Glad you are enjoying!

Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Bigfish8

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »
Nick:

I have a third Silver Black Sands on the way for the preamp.  I did not conduct an A to B comparison of SCs when I switched to the Realitys because I did so when I first received the Timepieces.  As I stated in the previous message I did conduct an A to B comparison of the standard O.E.M. PCs to the Black Sands.  When I made the switch on the amps the change was very distinct.

Ken

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
Hey Ken,

Glad your happy!  :D

Nick:

I have a third Silver Black Sands on the way for the preamp.  I did not conduct an A to B comparison of SCs when I switched to the Realitys because I did so when I first received the Timepieces.  As I stated in the previous message I did conduct an A to B comparison of the standard O.E.M. PCs to the Black Sands.  When I made the switch on the amps the change was very distinct.

Ken

Bigfish8

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 05:48:14 PM »
Hey Ken,

Glad your happy!  :D

John:

Would you kindly explain to this newbie your opinion as to why your PCs make a distinct difference in sound quality?  I am not questioning whether or not they make a difference because I trust my ears, they difinitely make a difference.  I just cannot rationalize why.

Thanks,

Ken
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 05:51:31 PM by Bigfish8 »

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »
After reading Nick's comments on using the Black Sands Silver MkV on the power supply to the Squeezebox I had to go downstairs and check where the heck I had the Mk V in my system. Hooked the Mk V to my Bolder Cable modded to the max powersupply. Holy Moley !!!  :drool:   Stunning, the best my digital has ever sounded.   Thank you John!
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker