Author Topic: Taket - Batpure Super Tweeter  (Read 11686 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Taket - Batpure Super Tweeter
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »
Link to more info: http://www.taket.jp/batpure/batpure.html
Link to the original thread: http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=4796.0

I contacted Taket and found out the following related to a group buy:

1 pair = 5800 JPY = $59
5-9 pair = 5000 JPY each = $51
>10 pair = 4300 JPY each = $44

Price includes shipping and should take about a week to arrive. I might take a shot at this and see how it goes. Anyone else interested? Maybe we can reach a price break point.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Taket - Batpure Super Tweeter
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »
OK.  I'll say it again!  Definitely, count me in! :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

shep

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »
You wouldn't be sorry! A word or two though before you begin:
I soldered mine in place. Be extreemly carefull doing this as too much heat will kill the beast before you know it. It had been suggested to use decent wire to connect them. A good monocore OCC is apparently best although others swear by a thin gage multistrand. Since you only need about a foot's worth, splurge! Some speakers respond better than others. There's no way to tell. Wide banders are the best candidates as are two-way speakers like mine. Experiment all you like with placement but in my experience (and we tried everything) mounting them on the front baffle above the tweater or between the drivers works best. It's said that using several pairs increases the effect and strangely the second pair in the mouth of the port (if you have that) is even better. for those with expensive speakers who don't want to drill (tiny) holes in the face plate or baffle (which is best because then you only need very short wire run to the tweater terminals), solder or clip a length of wire (s) to the tweater and drop it down inside or outside depending and then stick the Taket to the appropriate place. I really underline that in the experience of several, there is absolutlely no point in buying the more expensive models unless you feel you must. In the event that the effect doesn't get to you, you will save money and you can put the little Taket's in your car or wherever you want!
I repeat my findings based on a whole day of testing. The effect is not spectacular, but obvious and accumulative. There is a sense of ease, flow, air and greater coherance. Maybe on already top of the line speakers the effect will be of no great incidence, but on lowly ones it is something that you will never want to be without. I know my system well and it was changed in a very pleasant and undeniable way. One further note, these things take about a week to settle in completly. Please NO great expectations. Just sit back and listen. If you don't like them, send them to me! I want to try anothere pair in the vent of my TL's.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:34:10 AM »
Bob

How do you plan on using these with the Apogees?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »
I'm going to try them at ear level first, they are small so we will see how that goes. If not so well then maybe at the top of the ribbon. If neither works then maybe on the small bookshelves in the livingroom for home theater (lo-fi).

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:02:57 AM »
Well this looks like a bust, even for the relatively low cost. I guess the group buy doesn't actually make a signiicant monetary difference anyway.

So I guess ... if you want one then buy one directly.

Sorry,
Bob