Author Topic: March Rave at my house  (Read 51906 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: March Rave at my house
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 07:00:52 AM »
So I would do 12 to 8pm

Thanks, that's ideal for me. I hope I can work it out.

That would be awesome Rich. Really looking forward to meeting you. COOL!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 07:12:04 AM »
It's not lookin good at this point. Wife works weekends, this is the busy season. But I'll definitely be up in the summer.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
I think it's Emil's turn to drive this time, so I would contact him for a ride. I think it may be a full LI crew (Emil, Mike C, Bob, Andy, Pete) so space may be limited.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »
Pete,
Of course you can bring your tube TAdac! Would love to run it thru the Lector.
I use Brimar 6060 Yellow T's
Would not be  rave without the boys from LI!

NOS kit, We are looking foward to it! He is audio obsessed these days, I hear him playing The Who,
Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Elvis, up in his room on vinyl, dancing around like a fool.
I love it. He is not good at sports, so I try to foster the music, audio,electrical stuff.
Maybe he will be an engineer?

Just bought my son a Boston Audio Graphite TT mat, that damn thing is great!
You guys must hear what it can do, at least on his suspended table with a glass platter.
Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »
Mike,

I will be attending.  Let me know if you want me to bring the pretzel sweets that you had at my house.  That will put everyone in sugar high mode  :rofl:

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
Hi Mike,

I plan to attend.  Let me know, if there's anything I can bring in addition to beer.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline mikef

• Seeking Help
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 05:25:56 AM »
Mike,

Sounds great! I'm there on the 20th.

Mike Fox

Offline Levi

• Certifiable
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
I should make this one.  I may bring my new Eastern Electric DAC but not amps.   :thumb:

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
I should make this one.  I may bring my new Eastern Electric DAC but not amps.   :thumb:

We heard a lot about the Eastern Electric DAC when they were taking pre-orders for them last fall, but then it went quiet. This is the first I have heard of anyone who has actually received one.  :mrgreen:

Do tell, what do you think of it?  [-o<
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »
Very Gracious Mike,
This one's for you... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78553.new#new

Enjoy & I hope you get a laugh!

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 02:36:05 AM »
Pete,
thanks for the link , but I cannot log in to AC, I am banned for good.
I have heard there is some sillyness going on at AC. Keep up the good fight, eventually it will sink in, or just sink.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 04:35:38 AM »
Pete,
thanks for the link , but I cannot log in to AC, I am banned for good.
I have heard there is some sillyness going on at AC. Keep up the good fight, eventually it will sink in, or just sink.

Mike

Mike,

Clear your browser cookies and temp files.  You will be able to read the thread as guest.  Unless AC has banned your Internet IP address you should still be able to read but not post.  Provided you want to  :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:42:52 AM by shadowlight »

AcidJazz

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
...Eastern Electric DAC...Do tell, what do you think of it

We heard this (Shek's unit) last Sat. at Levi's rave, I think it bettered the PSAudio DAC, and was neck and shoulder with the other DAC(output tube also). Can't remember the name.
Took a while to warm up, a couple hours, but was sounding very good as the evening went by.
I need to hear it after about a month of regular use. Shek's unit was somewhat new also.

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »
Very Gracious Mike,
This one's for you... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78553.new#new

Enjoy & I hope you get a laugh!

Pete

AC is Lame. I'm glad I found NYAR there but other than that... YAWN.

Mike you know I'll be there! Locals Represent!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:07:14 PM by Barry (NJ) »
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »
I was just on  AC and read the fanboy thread, very amusing and telling!
To all who plan on attending my rave. Welcome! but be careful. I know I was the one who started the whole fanboy trouble as of late. It was something that had to be done, in my opinion, but the authorities don't seem to agree, and why would they, pissing on a paying circle, that is a no no! Bad for business.
I was suprised by how many people feel the same way I do, knowing that there are probably many others who feel the way I do but are afraid to voice their feelings. And it felt good to be supported by some.

Ok...on to serious stuff.

I harbor no ill feelings towards AC..none! (really) my banning was of my own doing.
But.  I want my rave to be a NYAR thing not an AC thing, no posts , no pictures on AC.
My friends are my friends and I love you guys dearly, you guys made me the crazed audiophile I am, and I learned so much from you.. My passion has been audio and music, you guys fostered that in me and turned me on to so many great things. My rave is for us, for my friends.
AC has turned in a direction that scares me, and I wish that no event of mine be a part of it.
Everyone is welcome, but let's keep this a NYAR thing, and since Audio Nervosa has been a kind sympathizer, let all the posts and foto's be published here. If you wish.
Is this OK? I feel a little funny posting this, I don't want to offend anyone. Levi, my dear friend,is Fac for NYAR, please feel no insult, you are my friend, and a truly great guy. Chris, my God, my first rave, he left a Butler and the Modwright at my house, to a complete stranger, I won't forget that till the day I die, and it has made me do the same to others. You created this spirit, that made NYAR what it is. Please do not be offended, I mean no offense to anyone. I have moved on to a more comfortable place for me and would love for you to join me here, even if for just a little while.

The reason I say be careful, is that others on AC may see your affiliation with me as a bad thing, that is why I think it best not to have any posts about my rave on AC, it may be cause for grief, and I caused enough over there, and honestly it was worth it, but I was ready to move on...so tread lightly. It is sensitive times over there.

Mike