Author Topic: Fritz Carrera BE or Carbon 7  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Brap

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Fritz Carrera BE or Carbon 7
« on: October 24, 2019, 07:44:15 AM »
Looking to downsize.  Who has listened to both and recommendations?  Running ST-70 with KT-66's and also switch to Transcendent OTL EL-509's at times.  Thoughts appreciated!
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Fritz Carrera BE or Carbon 7
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
  The Carrera BE is the one. Better everything. The Carreras top end is so natural and correct. Bass down to 30HZ in room. Yes I am a Fritz dealer.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 02:01:11 PM »
I’m interested in the BE and spoke with designer Fritz about it. Very nice guy who will be straightforward with you. I’ve read up on Fritz speakers and haven’t seen any negative comments about his customer service, etc. AN member Jack has the BE model and will probably post if he sees this thread.
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 06:04:02 PM »
Brap

The Carrera Be is a very good monitor and should be a good fit for your tube gear.  The Carbon 7 Mk II is an entirely different speaker in terms of it's drivers and target audience.  While I've not heard the Mark II I have owned a speaker with a similar driver configuration and that combo is a more relaxed sound with not as good of bass performance as you would get from the Revelator driver in the Carrera.  The comparable speaker in his line with the Revelator woofer would be the Rev 7 SE which substitutes the Scan Speak Illuminator tweeter for the Be tweeter in the Carrera so it's all a matter of what you are looking for.  As a certified equipment hoarder I have been able to try the Carrera's with four different amp combo's so far with several others yet to try.  The best I have found so far is the Audia Flight FL Three S integrated which though not tubes is definitely on the warmer side of center.  The best part is that Fritz will let you try them and if they don't work for you then you just pay to ship them back. I called him on the 25th day and told them they were staying.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Brap

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 06:20:08 AM »
Jack,  thank you for the summary and your thoughts.  I will be in contact with Fritz very soon.
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC