Author Topic: FS: LINN SONDEK LP12 TURNTABLE W/REGA RB300 ARM & LINN ADIKT MM CARTRIDGE  (Read 5444 times)

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
FOR SALE: LINN SONDEK LP12 TURNTABLE WITH REGA RB300 ARM AND LINN ADIKT MM CARTRIDGE

I am the original owner of this very desired belt driven turntable, which is in excellent overall condition.  A few years ago, this LP12 was refreshed by an authorized Linn dealer and repair technician.  The suspension was re-built, new belt installed and fresh bearing oil.  The tonearm was upgraded to another highly regarded audio classic; the Rega RB300.  New Linn Adikt moving magnet (MM) cartridge was also installed.  (*Very low hours on the new cartridge.) The only concerns on this turntable are very, very minor ones; the dust cover shows some wear in light scuff marks, not really scratches. Secondly, the hinges on the dust cover need to be repaired (to reinforce the spring backing) or replaced.  (FYI - As far as I know, new hinges are readily available from Linn dealers for about $35.00 a pair.)  I have the original boxes and packing for this wonderful turntable (so it will ship safely) but I'd prefer a local sale if possible.  Asking $1,350 or best reasonable offer.  Buyer will be responsible for shipping and insurance costs.  I will split Paypal fees with the buyer, unless it's a local sale and it's a ca$h deal.

The Absolute Sound ranked the Linn LP12 the second most significant turntable of all time in 2011.
http://archdezart.com/2011/11/01/ten-most-significant-turntables-of-all-time-the-absolute-sound/

Post any questions you have here on this thread for all to see.  PM me privately with offers.

Thanks for looking!
SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
  Excellent TT. The hinge issue is moot as must remove cover to listen mo better.
   PRAT is the key with this TT. BTW one does not have to be a Linnie fanboy or upgrade itus boy just a happy owner. Yes I own one.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
My Dodd Audio Pre-Amp and Linn LP12 went up on Audiogon last night and this morning, respectively.  (My user name is "woofman".)

SN

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
FYI - I found the original box for the cartridge and the Rega tonearm.

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Morning SN.

There is a guy on A'gon looking for a Linn LP12. I don't know if you will fit his requirements but who knows.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/equipment-wanted-linn-lp12-turntable-with-tonearm-2015-01-14-wanteds-27617-raleigh-nc

Good luck with the sales.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
Thanks, Dean... but it's

$OLD!

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP