Author Topic: Record Store Day!  (Read 2749 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Record Store Day!
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:34:26 AM »
Today is:

RECORD STORE DAY!

and most such stores - particularly the independents, are having in-store sales.   In Durham, check out Offbeat Music at Brightleaf and Bull-City Records just off 9th Street.

I try to give such stores as much business as I can.  These stores are just barely making it these days and I, for one, will hate to see them disappear.   I will morn the day I can no longer enter a record store on a whim and come away with new treasures!

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
Re: Record Store Day!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »
Today is:

RECORD STORE DAY!

and most such stores - particularly the independents, are having in-store sales.   In Durham, check out Offbeat Music at Brightleaf and Bull-City Records just off 9th Street.

I try to give such stores as much business as I can.  These stores are just barely making it these days and I, for one, will hate to see them disappear.   I will morn the day I can no longer enter a record store on a whim and come away with new treasures!

Thanks for the reminder. I plan to visit this store next week. Its been a while since I was last there and found plenty of good choices. Another used CD store in Raleigh appeared to have bit the dusk off Creedmore Rd and Lynnwood.

Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 05:26:42 AM »
I went by Offbeat Music yesterday and it was a happening place!   The owner said they had about twice the business of a normal Saturday.   Nice to see!

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
Went to the record store at the behest of my teenage daughter(!) who wanted me to get her a special Record Store Day release of one of her favorites, Manchester Orchestra- who incidentally aren't bad. I picked up a bunch of free stuff: samplers, bumperstickers (Support your local record store), posters (Devo's new release "Fresh") and even some 7" vinyl singles from new bands. 

Maybe record stores have a future after all.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
Maybe record stores have a future after all.

One can only hope.  [-o<
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables