Author Topic: Premier G2G at Carlman's  (Read 30556 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Premier G2G at Carlman's
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:48 AM »
I'm still IN  :drool:!

I'll bring something for dessert!!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »
Count me in Carl.....thanks. :D

But I'll need your help with two items....

Harris Tweeter has a LARGE Shrimp platter (60 shrimp)...can you order one.(I see a store close to your home)

And....do you know where we can get 2 Lbs. of  Mini Cannoli's....with the powdered sugar ?

I always bring them to a Rave.... :D/

Thanks....I'll cover the charges.... :beer:

Chris

lonewolfny42

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
Almost forgot....it's a Grand Opening....calls for a champagne toast !! 8)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
Looks like we'll have a pretty good showing, there are some folks I invited at the last meet I haven't heard from so if the locals can spread the word and let me know if anyone else is coming, that'd be great.  (Sol, Rick, Richard, etc.)
Mr. Wolf, I'll take care of ya.. We have a HT about a mile up the road.
Asking for a good bakery in NC is like asking for well, a good bakery in the south! hahaha  I'll see what we can do. 
I have the Champagne!
Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »
Asking for a good bakery in NC is like asking for well, a good bakery in the south! hahaha  I'll see what we can do. 

What....no Italians in N.C. ? Can't be..... :duh

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 11:06:34 AM »
There are a couple italian bakeries around.  My favorite NY bagel place (only decent bagel I've found in the area) up the street from where I used to be makes decent cannolis.  I'll talk to you tonight, Carl...

Do I need to bring cake again?  :drool:
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
Asking for a good bakery in NC is like asking for well, a good bakery in the south! hahaha  I'll see what we can do. 

What....no Italians in N.C. ? Can't be..... :duh

I'm half Italian believe it or not!  Sadly, most people here have no idea what would be in a white box tied with string. :(  However, I have found a place that has some!  But Shane's cannoli-connection may be better.. we'll talk... Worry not, it's all handled! 8)

BTW, someone asked me the theme of the meet and what was going to be compared, etc.

This meet is mainly a celebration of being finished with my 'dream room'.  I'm working on getting it dialed in enough to be the best sounding room and system I've ever heard.  I want to share that with everyone.

It will also be in a position to do a little comparing.. So, I figured for 1 hour out of the meet we'd compare differences with digital sources.  I've got a fancy Axis USB cable from Locus Design Group I can compare to the stock cord....  Rich is bringing his Altmann.. and I've got my Scott Nixon..

We may have some cables to hear/compare also.  We can compare vinyl to digital also.. I've got some similar records that I think are fun to compare.

After all of that, I'll be ready to have some drinks and let the tunes roll...

I would really like everyone who wants to, to get some time in the sweet spot and hear their favorite tunes.

-C

lonewolfny42

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »
After all of that, I'll be ready to have some drinks and let the tunes roll...

Ohhhh GREAT....sounds like the "Magic Hour"..... 8)

Worry not, it's all handled!

Thank you again Carl.... :beer:

After another slight rain shower....the sun is back
...time for more work...later.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
Carl, hang on to the DNA-500 until the G2G - I'd love to hear it compared to your Mac.  Other than that and a few minutes in the sweet spot,  I'm ready to help you celebrate! 

P.S... I was born and raised in the NJ/NY area but have been in NC since late '70s.  I've yet to find a bakery around here that comes close to those you find up north.  Then again, down here, if you're serving BBQ, most folks expect banana puddin' for dessert.  Not quite the same...  :(

Offline SteveB

• Seeking Help
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
Carl, I signed up for a salad but I am willing to bring what ever you need if the menu dictates something different. Just let me know.Thanks

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
Remember - pics or it didn't happen (for those of us a bit too far away to make it)

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Bigfish8

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
Hi Carl:

Please count me in!  Vera makes a killer salad if you would be interested or some type of dessert. 

I have been away from audio for weeks and I am really excited about this G2G. 

Ken

Bigfish8

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
Hi Carl:

Please count me in!  Vera makes a killer salad if you would be interested or some type of dessert. 

I have been away from audio for weeks and I am really excited about this G2G. 

Ken

Okay, I have now read all the posts.  Salad is taken and desserts seem to be covered.  I will try to find a decent bottle of Bubbly and some good IPA Beer!

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
Carl, I signed up for a salad but I am willing to bring what ever you need if the menu dictates something different. Just let me know.Thanks

I'd really like some salad with this meal, otherwise there won't be much green.. so, please still bring it...  How about enough for about 8 side-salads?

Ken, I think IPA's are right on the nose... some snacks might be good, nuts, fruit, etc.  Something that goes well with beer or Whisky late at night.. ;) 

Mike, I've got your amp on now... It likes to be warmed up a while.  Seems to sound better now than it did in the first couple of hours I had it on.  Really detailed, great texture and full body... Good stuff.  It'll be fun to compare to the Mac so sure, that'll work...

Gear swap time will probably need to be a little more than an hour but we'll have plenty of time so should be fun.

-C

lonewolfny42

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »
Carlman...
Something that goes well with beer or Whisky late at night..  ;)

... :rofl: