Author Topic: Getting ready for LSAF 2023 demo room  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Getting ready for LSAF 2023 demo room
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2023, 10:01:39 AM »
The van is packed and fueled up.  Time for a road trip!

Depart today for Dallas TX.  Hope to be there Wednesday for getting the room for the LSAF2023 show.  Setup on Thursday.

Hope to see folks there for some music listening to the Magnetar II speaker system with the Danville Signal dspNexus 2x8 DSP processor, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Monoblock amps, and 3x12 OB H-Frame GR-Research servo subs with the Rythmik Audio A370XLR3 servo amps. 

The system sounded really good before pack-up!

All the best at the show, Rich. Really wish I could be there, but just too much going on at home. Pls take pics and I’m asking that from Scott and Dave as well if they are able to.

Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »
The van is packed and fueled up.  Time for a road trip!

Depart today for Dallas TX.  Hope to be there Wednesday for getting the room for the LSAF2023 show.  Setup on Thursday.

Hope to see folks there for some music listening to the Magnetar II speaker system with the Danville Signal dspNexus 2x8 DSP processor, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Monoblock amps, and 3x12 OB H-Frame GR-Research servo subs with the Rythmik Audio A370XLR3 servo amps. 

The system sounded really good before pack-up!

All the best at the show, Rich. Really wish I could be there, but just too much going on at home. Pls take pics and I’m asking that from Scott and Dave as well if they are able to.

Nick

I'm terrible about taking pictures, but I'll do my best to remember 🤓
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2023, 07:18:30 PM »
Nick,
Will do!

Dave,
I will hand you my camera! :)

Day 1 complete.  Get some sleep and off on Day 2 driving tomorrow morning!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2023, 11:02:35 AM »

Nick,
Will do!

Dave,
I will hand you my camera! :)

Day 1 complete.  Get some sleep and off on Day 2 driving tomorrow morning!
:thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2023, 12:53:22 PM »
Day 2 complete, made it to Nashville, TN.  Overnight stay and then start Day 3 travel tomorrow morning.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2023, 06:58:35 PM »
Day 2 complete, made it to Nashville, TN.  Overnight stay and then start Day 3 travel tomorrow morning.

🚗 …. 😴…
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 05:27:39 PM »
Day 3 complete! 

Made it to Little Rock AR.  Off to Dallas tomorrow morning to begin the setup.   :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2023, 10:26:48 AM »
Well.  Hell.

I've been trying to get to LSAF for about 6 years-ish.  Got my room reservation.

I also have 2 plumbers under my house.  What we all thought would be a one day repair on a leaking drain pipe is turning into an expensive nightmare! 🤨  l'll know the extent of the job later today, but it is looking like all of the old cast iron pipe has reached its practical lifespan.  I'm not particularly optimistic ...

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2023, 11:03:01 AM »
Well.  Hell.

I've been trying to get to LSAF for about 6 years-ish.  Got my room reservation.

I also have 2 plumbers under my house.  What we all thought would be a one day repair on a leaking drain pipe is turning into an expensive nightmare! 🤨  l'll know the extent of the job later today, but it is looking like all of the old cast iron pipe has reached its practical lifespan.  I'm not particularly optimistic ...

Is it beyond the point of going in there and water blasting it clean? I was on the verge of needing to replace my cast iron pipes in so. California, but then we moved to Utah. Good luck with the repairs. I’m having landscaping installed tomorrow and Friday, otherwise I’d be in Texas.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2023, 12:32:46 PM »
Well.  Hell.

Is it beyond the point of going in there and water blasting it clean? I was on the verge of needing to replace my cast iron pipes in so. California, but then we moved to Utah. Good luck with the repairs. I’m having landscaping installed tomorrow and Friday, otherwise I’d be in Texas.
I wish it was a situation where a clean-up would work. Problem is that the cast iron is rotted from the inside... gosh:  water + iron = rust... who knew?

We have a crawl space, not a basement, so it is a struggle for them to get all of the materials in and out along with their tools.  Better them than me. :lol:

This is ~ $4K I didn't need to spend.  :roll:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2023, 07:17:45 PM »
Well.  Hell.

I also have 2 plumbers under my house.  What we all thought would be a one day repair on a leaking drain pipe is turning into an expensive nightmare! 🤨  l'll know the extent of the job later today.

Well, it's official.  The plumbers left after busting ass trying to get finished tomorrow.  Not going to happen. 😔  New, revised price: $4200.00-ish including tax with a 5 year warranty on their work.

Next year, God willing! 🙏🏼
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 07:20:21 PM by P.I. »

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2023, 07:28:02 PM »
Dave,
Sorry to hear about the plumbing problem and not making it to LSAF.  I can relate at this point!

HAL has arrived at the Embassy Suites in Dallas TX! 

Room load-in is completed.

Tomorrow is setup and system tuning day.  In room 204 at the hotel. 

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 07:29:14 PM »
Well.  Hell.

I also have 2 plumbers under my house.  What we all thought would be a one day repair on a leaking drain pipe is turning into an expensive nightmare! 🤨  l'll know the extent of the job later today.

Well, it's official.  The plumbers left after busting ass trying to get finished tomorrow.  Not going to happen. 😔  New, revised price: $4200.00-ish including tax with a 5 year warranty on their work.

Next year, God willing! 🙏🏼

Yes, next year for me also I hope 🎶
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2023, 03:44:50 PM »
Dave sometimes they can insert something into the old pipe...

Since it's like tomorrow? I guess I won't make it this year either.  :rofl:

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2023, 04:31:14 AM »
Guys,
Sorry to hear about all the problems.  After recent water damage in my audio room, I can relate.

On a happy note, the LSAF2023 HAL room 204 is up and running with Qobuz for streaming and HAL's music library.  Early trials say this is the best sound to date.  Lots of LF capability for effortless reproduction.  :)

Sorry, but the room is not symmetrical, but no big deal for the sound quality.  :)