Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

WTB Dynaco st 70

<< < (2/4) > >>

mresseguie:
I've got a set of tubes for the ST-70 that I could sell inexpensively if you're interested. The only caveat is that you have to wait for about six months until after I return to the US.

How did I end up with the tubes but not the amp, you ask? Well, I bought a used ST-70 from an AC member and used it intermittently for a couple months before boxing it up before I disappeared across the Pacific Ocean. After I returned home, I ended up selling it to someone else, but I couldn't find the tubes. Months later, I discovered where I had secreted the tubes, but the buyer didn't need them. They have sat in a box for nearly three years waiting for me to send them along to someone new. :thumb:

Michael

TopRound‎:
well michael while you were secreted away fighting foreign wars  to save the planet I was waiting for you to find those magic el34 tubes I need for the dynaco amp I do not have yet. It seems like synergy in reverse, and I like that!
I will wait the six months for you to come back safe and sound and I may buy those tubes for the amp that I may buy as well
and if I do not and you sell them to someone else or use them in a jewish wedding ceremony and smash them under your shoe....well that is fine too! If i win the lottery I will remarry my wife and smash a 300b western electric tube under my loafers, even though I am not Jewish , I find the tradition ....fun! and my wife will wonder if remarrying to me was (is) a good idea.   come home soon......we need you

Mike

BTW my wife says she hates tubes, that means they are good!

TopRound‎:
BTW , I have heard the Sw1x phono and was extremely impressed
that you have the Dac makes me take off my hat(reveal my thinning hair) to you good sir!
Seems like gussied up AudioNoteKit stuff but done real well

Mike

Barry (NJ):

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on November 29, 2022, 02:49:06 AM ---The Wellsington was very good! It would give most tube amps a run for their money.
Only reason I want the Dynaco is I want to do a vintage dynaco amp/pre/speaker combo.
The hardest thing to find in audio is synergy, and the st 70 with the Pas3 and dynaco A 25 speakers synergize extremely well.
All for very little money. They are simple designs that are easy to upgrade(need) and the upgrades yield huge improvements.
And its cheap.
Going to resurrect one of my turntables and play some of the thousands of records I have.
Fun little project

--- End quote ---

Welcome back Mike!

Keep it sane and manageable ;)

shadowlight:
https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=dynaco+st70

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version