Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

Anyone familiar with K&K audio?

(1/3) > >>

S Clark:
A new audiophile has been discovered in Abilene, but he doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to turn.  He's had a K&K amp that looks like a Dynaco ST120 (I even cut my hand on the case like a Dynaco).  However, it doesn't seem that there's much Dynaco left.  What caught my eye was the Lundahl transformers and better than garbage caps. All replacement K&K boards.   Apparently the fella behind K&K is no longer in business.  Is this a highish quality piece?  He's kind of a goofy guy, with tons of high dollar gear and absolutely no knowledge of how any of it goes together.  I bet he paid top dollar for it a few years ago. 
I replaced a broken binding post on it, and looked at how it was put together... mostly good workmanship.
I'm just curious. 

P.I.:
The K&K amp is a very good sounding piece.  They took a good solid design and then did the optimization thing.  The interstage coupling is through the Lundahls.  I spent some time with a K&K rebuild owned by a fellow in Boulder that I did some power supply mods for.

Here is a link, Scott:  http://www.kandkaudio.com/power-amplifier/

The guy to ask is Captain Hemo, over "there".

ejk:
Joe (JBTRIO) has his phono preamp for years. He can give you some input

Response Audio:
K&K is no longer? Who is the current Lundahl distributor?

hogg:
Erhard Audio LLC is the sole and official importer, reseller and distributor for all Lundahl Transformers products in North America.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version