Author Topic: Bluesound Node Dropouts  (Read 1303 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Bluesound Node Dropouts
« on: February 20, 2022, 02:52:14 PM »
If anyone uses a Bluesound Node, a recent software update may cause dropouts- it did in my case. ‘Audio Clock Trim’ was added as a default under audio in the settings menu. I turned it off, and it solved the issue.
It appears to have something to do with using an external DAC, though I’d be lying if I said understood their explanation.
I’m just throwing this out there for any that may have experienced this- it was quite annoying for me; I stumbled upon the solution out of frustration.
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Bluesound Node Dropouts
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 04:46:47 PM »
Good to know, Jim.  Thanks for sharing.

One of the things I like about AN is the wealth of knowledge, experience and willingness to help others.. this place is like a family.  At times we can be slightly disfunctional, but there is a welcome lack of assholes telling another that they are stupid when a question or solution to a problem comes up.

Good on you  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: Bluesound Node Dropouts
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 09:40:04 AM »
If anyone uses a Bluesound Node, a recent software update may cause dropouts- it did in my case. ‘Audio Clock Trim’ was added as a default under audio in the settings menu. I turned it off, and it solved the issue.
It appears to have something to do with using an external DAC, though I’d be lying if I said understood their explanation.
I’m just throwing this out there for any that may have experienced this- it was quite annoying for me; I stumbled upon the solution out of frustration.
Jim

I just looked and don't see that setting on mine. I have the latest update.
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.