Author Topic: Revelation Audio Labs umbilical cable  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Revelation Audio Labs umbilical cable
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:07:49 AM »
There is no argument as to cables making a difference….at least not in my system. I own the terrific 2 chassis Supratek Chardonnay preamp. I bought it used from a member at AC. I have settled on some Raytheon 6ns7 tubes that offer the right balance of clarity with a bit of warmth. Per the Supratek guys at Agon and our AN member Jack, the RAL umbilical has an excellent reputation for improving the sound of an already excellent preamp. Brad Vojtech of RAL normally sells the umbilical for $499 and that’s above my comfort level for a 1 meter single cable. But occasionally he offers a discount and I was able to get that. Brad uses a cable cooker and puts 75 hours on every cable he sends out. I found that another 25 hours or so additional time did the trick for me.

The very first thing that really jumps out with this cable is the increased clarity. Every other aspect of performance falls in place after that. The increased performance is stunning and so enjoyable. It seems that Supratek designer Mick Maloney isn’t a fan and I can’t imagine why. For starters, it appears his umbilical is unshielded and Brad’s is. It offers such a nice performance increase that I’d think Mick might give it a try and maybe extol it’s virtues. But I won’t argue beyond that because the Supratek is a keeper, regardless of what umbilical is used. It’s likely that Jack and I are the only Supratek owners on AN, but this was worth mentioning nonetheless. Brad makes other specialty cables as well and is great to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:15:12 AM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
Re: Revelation Audio Labs umbilical cable
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 02:26:57 PM »
Nope, I have a Supratek Sauvignon for many many years! It's my oldest piece of gear and it ain't going anywhere!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 02:46:34 PM by jbtrio »
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Revelation Audio Labs umbilical cable
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 05:31:13 PM »
Nope, I have a Supratek Sauvignon for many many years! It's my oldest piece of gear and it ain't going anywhere!

Good to know, Joe  :thumb: 🎶
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS