General Hospital > Special Events

HAL at LSAF2023

<< < (2/3) > >>

P.I.:

--- Quote from: GDHAL on February 22, 2023, 04:37:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on February 22, 2023, 04:15:29 PM ---Industry participants are usually profit driven. 
I've never known Rich to be driven by anything other than his own audiophile curiosity.

--- End quote ---

I didn't realize anybody knew anybody.

Best

Hal

--- End quote ---
A lot of us here are friends and a few of us have exhibited at audio shows together.

HAL:
Scott,
It will be what I call the Magnetar II speaker with a single Radian LM10n planar with a 3x12 servo sub using a Rythmik A370XLR3 servo amp per side.  The standard room is to small to put in the big line array with the 3x12's.  You would have to sit between the line arrays! :o

The planars will be stand mounted and servo subs placed best for bass response.  Will use time delay in the dspNexus 2x8 crossover to time align them.  Might be some minimum phase room correction processing as well if needed.

Will post pictures after everything is painted. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: GDHAL on February 22, 2023, 04:37:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on February 22, 2023, 04:15:29 PM ---Industry participants are usually profit driven. 
I've never known Rich to be driven by anything other than his own audiophile curiosity.

--- End quote ---

I didn't realize anybody knew anybody.

Best

Hal

--- End quote ---

Yep, It’s not the usual type of forum….
Best,
Nick

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on February 22, 2023, 07:41:15 AM ---HAL will have a demo room at Lone Star Audio Fest for 2023. 

Will post more in this thread as time gets closer with pictures of the system coming. 

Hope folks that like planars and servo sub speakers can stop in for a listen.

Will have my music library and Qobuz for streaming.  Flash drives with WAV, FLAC and some other formats will be supported for playback.  Will see about CD playback via computer USB.

Link to the show:

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

--- End quote ---

This looks like great fun, Rich. Thanks for posting. It’s described as the Woodstock of high end audio shows. Any unusual smells wafting in the halls? …😳 💨

mresseguie:
I've wanted to attend this show for years now, but I'm either out of the country (like now) or I'm otherwise preoccupied. It's not fair, so I'm going to have a temper tantrum.  :yay2: :p =3o

How was that for a tantrum?

Have fun, and take photos of some of the rooms, okay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version