The Market > Manufacturer News

The new HAL AGN open baffle planar line arrays begin

(1/5) > >>

HAL:
Building a new design open baffle planar line array with the new planars in house.  These are moded from the first pair of drivers to a lower impedance of 9 Ohms.  This lets me drive a pair in parallel with monoblocks.  The baffles to make the first pair arrived today and in the picture.

The crossover to begin with will be the dspMusik 2x8.  This will drive the 3 pairs of monoblocks with long XLR cables and short speaker cables.

The response should be 250Hz to 20KHz from the line array and a pair of 3x12 OB H-Frame servo subs for 250Hz down. 

Will be moved to the audio room for planar installation and testing before disassembly.  Will get an automotive style finish when ready.

Nick B:
Hi Rich,
How tall will these be and what size is the bottom platform? Also, what was the prior impedance?
Nick

HAL:

--- Quote from: Nick B on July 08, 2021, 01:38:35 PM ---Hi Rich,
How tall will these be and what size is the bottom platform? Also, what was the prior impedance?
Nick

--- End quote ---

Nick,
They are 6'1" tall and 18"w x 29"d for the base.

The original planar drivers are 20 Ohms.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on July 08, 2021, 03:25:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nick B on July 08, 2021, 01:38:35 PM ---Hi Rich,
Nick

--- End quote ---

Nick,
They are 6'1" tall and 18"w x 29"d for the base.

The original planar drivers are 20 Ohms.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Rich. I’ll admit to knowing virtually nothing about technical specs sometimes, but I can’t say I ever recall having seen anything regarding 20 ohms.

HAL:
That is more in the range of planar headphones impedance than for home speakers.  That is why I asked for the moded drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version