Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

should I get better Ethernet cables?

<< < (8/8)

rollo:

--- Quote from: Triode Pete on June 20, 2021, 07:48:22 AM ---Just remember that some ethernet cables are designed for audio transmission & not video transmission.

Digital Audio transmission has a slow speed requirement in comparison to fast gigabit requirements that are aimed at bulk data and video transmission. Also, foil shielding adds capacitance that causes audible ringing (jitter) that obscures low level detail. I do not use foil shielding in my audio ethernet cable design.

There are a few other tricks as well...

Cheers,
Pete

--- End quote ---

Very informative thanks. I use yours from Transport to DAC. Beat everything I tired in that position.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: rollo on June 22, 2021, 12:35:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nick B on June 19, 2021, 10:53:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: rollo on June 18, 2021, 12:57:13 PM ---  I recommended the Monoprice as I thought it sounded better in my system than the Supra.   Glad now you realize a difference can be had. That is all that matters. Enjoy the new sound.

charles

--- End quote ---

Charles,
I was on the Monoprice site again tonight. They have CAT 6, 6a, 7 and 8. Do you recall which you preferred? Great prices btw… I’d pick one up to experiment and use whichever I like least on the TV connection.

--- End quote ---

Cat 6 from router. If I did not need such a long run 4mtrs it would be TWL instead. Feeling cheap lately.

charles

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Charles  :thumb: I don’t even need 2 meters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version