Author Topic: Where have I been?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Where have I been?
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:56:50 PM »
I am working some new materials that make my products sound better.  My question is: when does any or all of this tweako crap end? 

Some of what we do as designers is to deal with and use the weirdness that wire, dielectrics, cabling, bullshit marketing and customer experience concerning the SQ.

Personally I don't care what results are in the appraisal of SQ.  Bottom  line is that SQ that serves you, the listener is all that matters.

Bright, dark, veiled, that e second bottle of tequila.

What does any of this mean?

Rock on

<><.

Me
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: Where have I been?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:19 AM »
Sounds about right.

Rock on Dave!

Rich

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 06:31:19 AM »
Almendrado shots (and never mix into a drink).
Will help you figure things out. If not then you haven't drank enough.

Nit (the wantta be rocker)
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 07:23:15 AM »
Dave, I firmly believe that what you do is continuous progress toward the greater good.  Sure, there are a ton of crap tweaks out there that are marketed for the sole purpose of making money. We've probably all been sucked into that at one time or another.  But anyone that knows you and your products knows that there's gold in them thar Uber-hills.

I have learned (much from you) that the quality of electrical service has a big impact on sound quality.  Your Uber and Digi Busses go a long way to tame that.   But no one believes that everything that can be discovered already has.  I'm bettin' you're not done just yet.

Just don't come out with a QuantumBuss or we'll call BS on that. :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 08:01:06 AM »
I recommend building 240V overkill transformer based conditioners marketed for source gear. And passive conditioning, like what you have, for amps. 

Thats what I recommend :thumb: Secretly hiding and going off on your own. Gone for days, weeks, YEARS even working on that combo and tweaking until you got it right.  :rofl:

Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

mauidan

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 12:12:40 PM »
  That is exactly the reason I sell PIAudio products. They work well no nonsense and Dave is a trip to deal with.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.