Systemic Development > Speakers

Speaker Set Up

(1/3) > >>

rollo:
  A different Started 1/3 from rear wall. Then picked distance from chair to speaker . Choose 9ft. Placed speakers 83% apart  [ center line of tweeters] of distance from speaker to chair. No equilateral triangle this time. Huge difference. Picked up body and weight. Who knew ? 

charles

GDHAL:
Hey Charles. No equilateral triangle for me either. So, in answer to your question, I knew!

Glad you found your sweet spot.

In my case, plane of speaker drivers are set apart 88 inches from each other and form an isosceles triangle. Speakers are toed-in creating a PLP just inside the speakers axes (i.e. speakers axes is at the back of the head).

rollo:
  It was starting from the listening chair instead of dividing room into thirds. I have set many a system. This method taught me something new.

charles

Nick B:
Good info for me when moving into my new place. I think I saw a video by Ron Vedder? on the one thirds methodology.

rollo:
  Actually the formula is from Jim Smith. We think alike. Was doing same but never realized it. Starting from the listening chair made the difference.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version