Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Trying to Put a Round peg in a Square Hole

<< < (2/7) > >>

Nick B:

--- Quote from: StereoNut on June 10, 2021, 11:32:23 AM ---The good 'ol WAF strikes again!  :duh

SN

--- End quote ---

Yep….  :lol: :thumb:

James Edward:
Until he got to the glass furniture part, I thought Charles was writing about my room! Mine is as well set up as can be while still taking aesthetics into account. I am the neatnik in the house, and as much as I know/believe that 23 foot speaker wire is compromising the sound, so be it.
Having said that, I have spent many years and dollars fighting a very unbalanced room. Small speakers were no match for bass leakage into other rooms, and large speakers overloaded the closed corner side of the room. Using open baffle speakers and a sealed sub has been a good compromise.
A dedicated room is of course ideal, but I do thoroughly enjoy being able to cook, putter around the house, and read the paper while cranking the stereo out from the living room.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: James Edward on June 10, 2021, 01:29:28 PM ---Until he got to the glass furniture part, I thought Charles was writing about my room! Mine is as well set up as can be while still taking aesthetics into account. I am the neatnik in the house, and as much as I know/believe that 23 foot speaker wire is compromising the sound, so be it.
Having said that, I have spent many years and dollars fighting a very unbalanced room. Small speakers were no match for bass leakage into other rooms, and large speakers overloaded the closed corner side of the room. Using open baffle speakers and a sealed sub has been a good compromise.
A dedicated room is of course ideal, but I do thoroughly enjoy being able to cook, putter around the house, and read the paper while cranking the stereo out from the living room.

--- End quote ---

Well, you could be describing my living room. Glass coffee table in front of my listening chair, couch on that side close to the left speaker, four 2’ x 6’ glass panels on the left side of the living room wall allowing a view of the back yard. Not really able or even wanting to fix anything. I enjoy the aesthetics and am not going to put up a draw curtain on the living room glass wall or create fitted, removable panels to put into place and then remove each listening session. I live alone and have the ability to do anything acoustically that I want. But there is a convenience factor, too. This won’t be the last place I live in and one of these days I’ll be able to have a dedicated listening room 🎶 :thumb:

rollo:
  Yes we all know there are trade offs for room, life style and other factors. What I am saying is the choices made need more scrutiny. One does not put a ported speaker against a wall as an example. Buy a speaker designed to go against the wall.
  Match the amp to speaker, obtain best source you can. Keep it simple.

charles

Nick B:

--- Quote from: rollo on June 11, 2021, 08:58:35 AM ---  Yes we all know there are trade offs for room, life style and other factors. What I am saying is the choices made need more scrutiny. One does not put a ported speaker against a wall as an example. Buy a speaker designed to go against the wall.
  Match the amp to speaker, obtain best source you can. Keep it simple.

charles

--- End quote ---

I understand your point, Charles. I’m close to trying some acoustic treatments behind the speakers, just wondering if it’s worth the effort due to the exposed glass that I don’t want to treat,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version