Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Clean your POT's or replace them??

<< < (2/2)

rollo:
   I usually take the seeds and twigs out on my pots. Beez good Ya'all.

charles

S Clark:
And I owe Dave another big Thanks.  An exact replacement for the pot on my newer Dodd pre turned out to hard to find.  I had already tried to get some cleaner in the pot, but this time I tried, rotated, tried again, rotated, waited, waited, rotated, De Oxit spray, rotate, spray, rotate, rotate, rotate, spray... and just kept at it. 
It's playing fine now.  For how long??? but once again Dave's advice about staying with it proved to be correct. 

S Clark:
Well, it stayed noiseless for almost a week. Now it's back to sounding like someone clearing their throat into a microphone.  I'm disappointed, but I've had pots dry out and become intermittent before, so I'm not surprised.   :(

P.I.:

--- Quote from: S Clark on May 18, 2021, 06:44:46 PM ---Well, it stayed noiseless for almost a week. Now it's back to sounding like someone clearing their throat into a microphone.  I'm disappointed, but I've had pots dry out and become intermittent before, so I'm not surprised.   :(

--- End quote ---
Time to blow Taps on that one. If the process I described and you did is a last resort method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version