Systemic Development > Speakers

Speaker Designs

<< < (5/5)

P.I.:

--- Quote from: dflee on February 20, 2022, 11:58:47 AM ---I have written earlier about the audio hell I've been in for some time now.
taking the advice of someone (and have to have floor standers) I got a pair of Fyne F502.
The guy also got a pair of F501SP in for me to listen to. Neither had any break in and I went with the 502 due to the amount of air they could put out. I liked the 501SP but felt like it was working harder to produce the sound (even though it was better) than the 502. My previous speakers had a pair of 10s on each side so I was used to and like a room that's literally energized. I tried to like the 502 but after six months and trying everything I could think of to help with the sound took a 500 hit and took em back. Well, in sticking with the same vendor (would lose more money if I didn't), listened to other speakers. Walked out the door with the 501SP for a trial run at home. As they broke in they got better sounding. The Magnesium tweeter got rid of it's brightness and I learned to listen to them differently. Now getting to the subject, I have never had speakers with the driver arrangement like the Fynes and while my older speakers could really fill a room (my version of Grateful Dead) the wall of sound doesn't have nearly the sound separation and detail and depth the 501SP have. I did end up paying quite a bit more than I wanted to but haven't been looking at speaker pricings for over 25 years and hope not to for another 25.

Don

--- End quote ---
After the circuitous quest you were on trying to find a replacement driver, I'm glad you got one that works for you.

My might want to try moving the speakers around to get a little more boundary reinforcement in the lows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version