Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Ted Denny throws down the gauntlet!

<< < (6/6)

steve:

--- Quote from: rollo on April 15, 2021, 01:32:17 PM ---  Slander is the issue not ones personality. Gene has slandered Teds company and His Dealers. Not cool. Reviewers as well. Saw Ted at CAF a few years back. We have a VG friendship. Ted sells a lot of product has made out very well. Yes He is pompous and likes to show His shit off. Ted offers cables from $650 to insane. I do not use His cabling.

charles

--- End quote ---

Hi Charles,

I understand. When I reminisced my first test 10A was returned to me, literally ball peened hammered by a major online reviewer, because I would not sell it to them under the table for $300.00 ($1200.00 normal price).

The same online mag (soon after combining with another online mag) tried twice more over the years to discredit my products. So instead of a positive review, I started seeing questionable and negative posts of my products on forums, negative posts even from a third online magazine I had no dealings with, or was even familiar with.

--------------------------- In General

Regarding "pissing" contests, either the scientist is lacking understanding or is a shill (some really are), or the diyer does not understand (but then he is not expected to), or more than likely, both post faulty information/science.
I am not the only one as Jneutron also discovered the problem as well. (Jneutron is a scientist who has worked at FermiLab, helped with creating Cern, Brookhaven National Laboratory, taught classes to other scientists etc.)

There is no doubt that interconnect cables (ics) can make a sonic difference regardless of measurements because some parameters are not measurable, such as smearing. Measuring to -150db does not mean one can reliably measure to 0,01db. Understanding basic physics is also a necessary discipline. Another variable is how much does one's venue/system mask low level information. Heavier masking means less sonic difference perceived.

Well, that is my rant for now. Cheers.

steve

rollo:
  Hey Steve just noticed your response. We have had slander and grief from disgruntled reviewers and Rags in general. We are not alone several others have reported same and choose to remain silent.
  At the end of the day the "SOUND" is all that matters not measurements.

charles

steve:

--- Quote from: rollo on May 10, 2021, 10:45:40 AM ---  Hey Steve just noticed your response. We have had slander and grief from disgruntled reviewers and Rags in general. We are not alone several others have reported same and choose to remain silent.
  At the end of the day the "SOUND" is all that matters not measurements.

charles

--- End quote ---

I believe Charles. Over the past 20 years I have noticed that it is the public never seems to "profit". There are a couple or maybe three I would consider honest, the rest I question.

I just read two articles, one comparing capacitors and the other an xxx review. These two articles could not have done more damage to audio if they had tried. Sad indeed. Completely inept.

I have a slightly different philosophy in that the measurements must be excellent but the final judgement is still the ear. I just saw a DAC with great reviews, but with a frequency response (FR) of -3db at 20hz. That immediately tells me there is a compromise or more elsewhere(s). Something(s) is being offered on the sacrificial table.

Like you Charles, I always thought it should be the music lover/audiophile that should end up the winner.

cheers

steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version