Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Ted Denny throws down the gauntlet!

(1/6) > >>

P.I.:
You go, Ted!

:thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKLuLfj2iC4

Nick B:
Wow...wow... That is great! If Gene can’t make it, I’m ready to go! I don’t know much about Synergistic Research other than their well-known name and a few of their products.

rollo:
  Video unavailable. Ted offered to pay the expenses for this fool to come measure His cables. It is now nasty as Ted is suing Him. Measurements matter however do NOT measure what a cable sounds like. This guy Gene contacted Teds dealers and reviewers bad mouthing Teds product as snake oil. Not cool. Lawsuit coming.

charles

tmazz:
I have had this discussion on many occasions.  If a number of people come to a consensus that two things sound different and one person can't measure a difference should the conclusion be that all the people who heard things are imagining it and there is not difference? No, my answer to that has always been if I can hear a difference and you can't measure it then you are obviously measuring the wrong things.

As far as I am concerned there are only two measurement devices on the planet that matter to me when it comes to audio and they live on either side of my head.

If somebody can do some empirical measurements that correlate with what I hear, great, I'm all for that. And as an engineer I am curious to know the whys of what goes on in my system. But when I come home and replace my engineer hat with my audiophile one the what it sounds like always takes precedence over why it sound like.

Because at that point it's all about the music and when I am in listening mode musical enjoyment becomes more important than technical understanding any day of the week.

If this guy gene does not like or think a cable product is useful or worth the money he has a real simple solution. Just don't buy it.

rollo:

--- Quote from: tmazz on April 14, 2021, 10:31:16 AM ---I have had this discussion on many occasions.  If a number of people come to a consensus that two things sound different and one person can't measure a difference should the conclusion be that all the people who heard things are imagining it and there is not difference? No, my answer to that has always been if I can hear a difference and you can't measure it then you are obviously measuring the wrong things.

As far as I am concerned there are only two measurement devices on the planet that matter to me when it comes to audio and they live on either side of my head.

If somebody can do some empirical measurements that correlate with what I hear, great, I'm all for that. And as an engineer I am curious to know the whys of what goes on in my system. But when I come home and replace my engineer hat with my audiophile one the what it sounds like always takes precedence over why it sound like.

Because at that point it's all about the music and when I am in listening mode musical enjoyment becomes more important than technical understanding any day of the week.

If this guy gene does not like or think a cable product is useful or worth the money he has a real simple solution. Just don't buy it.

--- End quote ---

The only companies that I know can prove their measurements are Shunyata, Swiss Cables and Belden. Can determine from measurements why it sounds the way it does. Belden cables start at $650/mtr [ Iconoclast ] and Shunyata can be off the charts expensive Swiss Cable $1250/mtr and higher. Not insulting or putting down other Manfs as I do not know their design parameters just their sound.
   I like a Cable Manf that measures , blind tests and sells a complete product from end to end. IMHO it is the entire assembly not one facet of it. That synergy we talk about is the LCR match from component to component not luck. The only luck involved for us is finding that Cable.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version