Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

SPIDF RCA Cable 100-150 Bucks?

<< < (2/3) > >>

James Edward:

--- Quote from: Nick B on March 05, 2021, 01:20:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: James Edward on March 04, 2021, 01:19:58 PM ---An AN member sent me an Illuminati D60 to try, and it’s a keeper. Funny thing, I had an easier time discerning a difference between the two digital cables than I have with stereo interconnects. I thought I’d really have to strain to imagine/hear any difference.
The D60 added air and detail, with a ‘sweetness’, for lack of a better word, and a more focused image relative to the BJC. And it should- the D60 retails for roughly 20 times as much $$$.

--- End quote ---

That’s good news, Jim (except for the price :) Your description makes it sound like a wonderful cable and those are qualities I value as well. It would be interesting to compare it to my Audio Envy. I kinda regret selling my Audio Sensibility digital.
Nick

--- End quote ---
Yup- buying it used made all the difference. I’ve read it’s a bear to break in, so a lot of that is out of the way too. Many moons ago I had a system that I was always trying to tame the brightness of. I don’t know that the D60 would have fit in well there, but the synergy here is spot-on.

Emil:

--- Quote from: Jack on February 20, 2021, 06:55:02 PM ---Audio Envy if new or used TWL Spirit 75.

--- End quote ---

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=175312.msg1848490#new

rollo:
SPDIF can make a huge difference. Must be 75 Ohm to sound its best. I prefer BNC over RCa as RCA is not 75 Ohm. Moot now as I use an Ethernet from transport to DAC. Even better. Some prefer Optical over SPDIF. Gotta try them all.

charles

Nick B:
I’m sure there can be significant differences, but I’ve always tried to keep things simple with RCAs only. Nowadays, though, the resolution is so good that I’d consider experimenting in the future.

rollo:

--- Quote from: Nick B on May 24, 2021, 03:27:28 PM ---I’m sure there can be significant differences, but I’ve always tried to keep things simple with RCAs only. Nowadays, though, the resolution is so good that I’d consider experimenting in the future.

--- End quote ---

There are. IMHO one of the most critical cables used. Cannot explain why though.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version