Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Speaker stand suggestions?

<< < (11/11)

toobluvr:
Picture is worth 1000 words!

:thumb:

P.I.:

--- Quote from: toobluvr on June 23, 2021, 11:12:54 AM ---Picture is worth 1000 words!

:thumb:

--- End quote ---
I know, but those stands went the way of all things audio nervosa.  Gone about 10 yerars ago to a worthy friend.  The speakers had Jordan JX92S drivers in them along with vifa XT25 tweets.  He still has them and loves them.  That Jordan driver was and is an amazing driver...

Perhaps a better explanation.

The top and bottom plates were laminated (epoxy) from 2 layers of 3/4" MDF.  One layer of each was routed to accept the PVC pipe.  I drilled and tapped the bottom plate to accept spikes.  The top plate had a 2" diameter hole in it to allow filling the PVC.  I glued the PVC pipe into the MDF with good old PVC pipe glue... the blue icky stuff... after masking off the pipe so the blue goo didn't get all over the pipe.  I tried different fillers and ended up with a mixture of #8 lead shot (2 bags each) and sandblasting coarse media - silica sand.

Nick B:
Filled up each stand to within 1/2” and made a note to check the level in 2 years. Will be curious if there’ll be any settling.

Nick B:
Even with the sand filled to within a 1/2” of the top, there is still a teeny bit of vibration that I can feel. Now these are inexpensive B&W stands and I’m already using spikes with Herbie’s brass cone/spike puckies. The rack is a cheapie Pangea also with Herbie’s. So my point is there is still so much potential for improvement. What an amazing hobby = passion  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version