Author Topic: Rollo, Pete...  (Read 9458 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Rollo, Pete...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 09:12:31 AM »
   Well the New Digibuss has been breaking in for 72 hours. Still changing. Some noticeable changes so far are; Bigger sound stage, better imaging. Height and width improved. Midrange a bit recessed yet coming out as time goes on. Bass is deeper yet not focused yet. A more natural sounding top end still opening up.
  So far so good no bad signs at all. Just needs more time. Dam outlets. Will report back. So far an improvement with great potential.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 09:16:07 AM »
Are the improvements you are talking about from just adding a Digibuss or as compared to a previous version of the Digibuss?
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
   Dam outlets.
charles
What does this mean?
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »
   Well the New Digibuss has been breaking in for 72 hours. Still changing. Some noticeable changes so far are; Bigger sound stage, better imaging. Height and width improved. Midrange a bit recessed yet coming out as time goes on. Bass is deeper yet not focused yet. A more natural sounding top end still opening up.
  So far so good no bad signs at all. Just needs more time. Dam outlets. Will report back. So far an improvement with great potential.

charles

Charles, what you describe is what I would have initially attributed to the benefits of Dave's UberBUSS itself.   I would have attributed a reduction in glare and edginess to the first DigiBUSS I bought resulting in a more relaxed sound stage.   Like @TMazz, I'd like to know more about the context of your description.   Is that a replacement of a previous DigiBUSS?  UberBUSS?

I'm also quite interested in jumping on Dave's new DigiBUSs, so very curious to hear how it compares.    Thanks!

Mike

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »

charles

Charles, what you describe is what I would have initially attributed to the benefits of Dave's UberBUSS itself.   I would have attributed a reduction in glare and edginess to the first DigiBUSS I bought resulting in a more relaxed sound stage.   Like @TMazz, I'd like to know more about the context of your description.   Is that a replacement of a previous DigiBUSS?  UberBUSS?

I'm also quite interested in jumping on Dave's new DigiBUSs, so very curious to hear how it compares.    Thanks!

Mike

I’m interested in most anything that Dave develops! The Uber with Uber Puertos is great  :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 12:50:32 PM »
   Dam outlets.
charles
What does this mean?

Meaning they take the longest to break in not their quality. BTW they are tighter than a crabs ass.

charles
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:54:23 PM by rollo »
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »

charles

Mike

Yes a replacement for older Digibuss. So far the new is better in many ways. Still a tad compressed however shortly that will go away. Tonality,harmonics much better. I would say 200 hours will do it. Tonight will be about 90 when I listen again.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 12:56:47 PM »
Are the improvements you are talking about from just adding a Digibuss or as compared to a previous version of the Digibuss?

Compared to existing Digibuss. Now experimenting plugged it Uber and just in wall. In the wall better than before with using Uber. Which indicates to me the new Digibuss is much improved.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2021, 01:39:10 PM »

Compared to existing Digibuss. Now experimenting plugged it Uber and just in wall. In the wall better than before with using Uber. Which indicates to me the new Digibuss is much improved.

charles

Thanks, Charles. Very helpful  :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2021, 03:15:38 PM »

charles

Mike
I have your parts in cryo right now   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2021, 03:19:07 PM »
   Dam outlets.
charles
What does this mean?

Meaning they take the longest to break in not their quality. BTW they are tighter than a crabs ass.

charles
That is due to them having a different, high copper content alloy than 95% of other receptacles.

And yes, they grip like a pitbull.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »
   Dam outlets.
charles
What does this mean?

charles
That is due to them having a different, high copper content alloy than 95% of other receptacles.

And yes, they grip like a pitbull.

And neither of those is a bad thing........
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36:01 AM »
  100 hour report. PRAT is off the charts. Toe tapping presentation with drive. Soundstage is larger and imaging is more defined with better separation of instruments. Bass is coming around. Deep yet a touch loose. Bass usually is the next to last to come full circle in break-in. Is it quiet, well you can hear the crickets pissing on the cotton. Yes very quiet.
 This new design is head and heels over the original one I have. Will be buying two more and my original Digi will serve the TV. BTW does wonders for TV. More to come after 200 hours.

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
  100 hour report. PRAT is off the charts. Toe tapping presentation with drive. Soundstage is larger and imaging is more defined with better separation of instruments. Bass is coming around. Deep yet a touch loose. Bass usually is the next to last to come full circle in break-in. Is it quiet, well you can hear the crickets pissing on the cotton. Yes very quiet.
 This new design is head and heels over the original one I have. Will be buying two more and my original Digi will serve the TV. BTW does wonders for TV. More to come after 200 hours.

charles
Glad you like it.  It is VERY different from the original.  I did 7 iterations before I settled on this new version.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 11:22:45 AM »
As with the original DigiBuss, I'm assuming the new is designed to improve power differently than does the UberBuss.   Charles, your description of what you're hearing with the new Digi could easily apply to precisely what an UberBUSS excels at.   Dave, not sure you can or will divulge the secret sauce, but can you comment on the difference now between the Uber and the new Digi?  If not in terms of design, then perhaps in terms of impact on power and resulting sound quality?

Hey, you've got me quite excited to check this out!   :thumb: