Systemic Development > Digital Audio Devices

QoBuz vs Tidal

(1/3) > >>

rollo:
  OK gents lots of debate as which has better tonality and harmonics. I have both. QoBuz Studio and Tidal Master. To date Qobuz sounded better. Whats your experience ?

charles

P.I.:

--- Quote from: rollo on September 14, 2020, 01:30:39 PM ---  OK gents lots of debate as which has better tonality and harmonics. I have both. QoBuz Studio and Tidal Master. To date Qobuz sounded better. Whats your experience ?

charles

--- End quote ---
For me:  Tidal.  Also it is much less clunky with a Mac.  They both fall short of CD.

44.1 NOS rocks! That is my story and I'm listening to it!!!  😎

Jack:
Qobuz, none up the upper mid-range stridency I hear from Tidal.  That has been a consistent assessment with multiple combinations of streamers, electronics, speakers and cables.  Tidal is only for when something small independent label is not on Qobuz but that is getting to be a less frequent occurance so maybe time to cancel Tidal.

tmazz:

--- Quote from: rollo on September 14, 2020, 01:30:39 PM ---  OK gents lots of debate as which has better tonality and harmonics. I have both. QoBuz Studio and Tidal Master. To date Qobuz sounded better. Whats your experience ?

charles

--- End quote ---

That has been my experience as well.

Nick B:
I did listening tests some months back, but couldn’t really notice a difference. With new cabling and nos preamp tubes, the system is much more resolving, so I’ll give it a go again. As my listening tastes are quite eccentric, I’m just happy when Tidal or Qobuz has the material....

As Dave also just said, 44.1 nos is just fine with me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version