Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Cables

TWL Obsession or HP Digital American for PS Audio Directstream Dac?

(1/4) > >>

pursuitofnow:
What would the difference be between the Triode Wire Labs Obsession compared to the HP Digital American for a PS Audio Directstream Dac? Would it be noticeable?

Triode Pete:
Hello Jim,
Both are superb choices for your PS Audio Directstream DAC.

The "Obsession NCF", with the crazy expensive FI-50 NCF series of connectors ($385 & up EACH!), has 20% more conductors than the already beefy "High Power Digital American".

The "Obsession NCF" will provide a bit more deeper bass response and a bit more airy & effortless highs, while still remaining balanced. Depth of recordings will appear deeper & wider, while still focused...

I hope this helps...

Cheers,
Pete

pursuitofnow:
Thanks, Pete. That does help. I now see why you named it the Obsession :)

Triode Pete:

--- Quote from: doug s. on May 08, 2019, 07:31:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: pursuitofnow on May 04, 2019, 07:23:57 AM ---What would the difference be between the Triode Wire Labs Obsession compared to the HP Digital American for a PS Audio Directstream Dac? Would it be noticeable?

--- End quote ---
$700.  the main difference.  if you can hear a difference in a controlled evaluation, i will eat my power cord.  8)

doug s.

--- End quote ---

"If you got ears, you gotta listen!"... Captain Beefheart, aka Don Van Vliet

I'm am not starting a flame war, but EVERYONE who has heard the "Obsession NCF" compared to variety of power cords could hear a distinct DIFFERENCE. As different as changing an amp or preamp or DAC!!! If you can't hear the difference between components, you would not hear the difference between power cords...

Cheers,
Pete

BobM:
It's all irrelevant Doug - we all know that cords can't possibly make a difference in an audio system.

:p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version