Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Cables

Here is what $700.00USD will buy from Italy...

(1/4) > >>

P.I.:
Recently I had a long time customer of mine send a HIDiamond P3 power cable to me for repair.  Somehow movers BROKE the end off of an IEC plug!  Gorillas?  Upon inspection I determined (with a file and some effort) the cheap IEC was silver plated brass.  Yep - bright brass.

Anyway, when I disassembled the cable I was frankly stunned at what I found.  It is made from 4 conductor + shield mass produced mains cable.  Efforts were made to sand off the markings on the cable to hide its' identity.  The individually insulated conductors are sheathed with PVC while the overall jacket appears to be the same.  What was astonishing to me was the "workmanship" at the termination.  I have attached a photo of the termination methods for your inspection and comments.

Pete.  You do tremendous work and your value/dollar is outstanding.  TWL rocks!!!

malloy:
This reminds me of the cat and the power cord:

Nick B:

--- Quote from: malloy on March 17, 2019, 04:49:43 PM ---This reminds me of the cat and the power cord:

--- End quote ---

What craftsmanship in disassembling it 🐈

Folsom:
So, what do you expect to find?

The materials that make up the outside are not always cheap. Labor. Etc. I know nothing about the actual wire in either case. I guess you expect to see thicker wire?

S Clark:
I agree with Dave's initial assessment- TWL rock.  I've got a small sampling of power cords other than stock stuff, and the TWL and Wywires are noticeabley the best of the group.  Pete knows what he's doing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version