Systemic Development > Headphones

Replacement headphone cables?

(1/2) > >>

djdube525:
Any recommendations out there for headphone cables?

I'm increasingly getting annoyed at the stock, long as crap cables that came with my Oppo PM-3. The Oppos take standard plugs so not a big issue.

An important consideration... I'm a frugal SOB, so options like Blue Dragon cables from moon-audio, which I'm sure are fantastic, are quite a bit more than I want to spend. Curious if these on Amazon or Lavricables would be reasonable options... I was leaning to stick with copper though.

Other options but skeptical...
- Option 1
- Option 2

-DD

malloy:
Hello djdube525,

My favourite topic - cables!  :)

Doubtful if these are really 6n or 8N cables.

But maybe something like this?  http://www.oyaide.com/ENGLISH/AUDIO/products_category/headphone_earphone_cbl/pg521.html

I see their cables for around $200 and at least you will get what you pay for. https://www.amazon.com/OYAIDE-HPC-35SRH-1-3m-Headphone-cable/dp/B00A71ADP4

PCOCC I think.

I've been itching to get cable upgrades for my Sennheisers but haven't gotten the chance yet.

Paul

rollo:
   . Pangea will do just fine for headphones. Even the generic cables at your local music store [ Gar Center] will suffice. Easy to try first. You may be surprised.

charles

dflee:
I ran across a company called Periapt Cable and thought it's cheap enough
to give it a try. On my Sennheiser 598SR the cable is a nice improvement.
Messed up and got a 3.5 plug so have to use a 3.5 to 1/4" adapter that I had
around so not sure of i'm getting all they can do. It has sparked an interest in
seeing if I can do better though.

Don

Triode Pete:

--- Quote from: dflee on January 05, 2019, 01:46:44 PM ---I ran across a company called Periapt Cable and thought it's cheap enough
to give it a try. On my Sennheiser 598SR the cable is a nice improvement.
Messed up and got a 3.5 plug so have to use a 3.5 to 1/4" adapter that I had
around so not sure of i'm getting all they can do. It has sparked an interest in
seeing if I can do better though.

Don

--- End quote ---

Dandy Don,
I should send you my prototype cable...

Cheers,
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version