Systemic Development > Hardware

Ad-Nauseum

(1/3) > >>

richidoo:
I've been using AdBlock, UBlock Origin, Ghostery, etc for a couple years.

I found a new one called Ad-Nauseum that works differently.

Instead of blocking the tracking, or blocking ads, it deliberately and automatically clicks on every ad that online advertising companies serve to you. No matter what the topic of the ad, you click it. This screws up their click reporting to advertisers and really annoys them. So annoying Google has recently removed Ad-Nauseum from Google play. So you can't load it into your browser the normal way, but you can load it in developer mode which is very easy.

It also has tracking blockers and ad blockers and 3rd party filters so it eliminates all my other blocker extensions. It also speeds up browsing dramatically, no more waiting seconds for all the ads to load before the content is displayed.

Remember that Star Trek TNG episode when there is a big vortex in space trying to suck the ship in? And there's an alternate universe Captain Picard who can't remember anything? In the end the answer was not to fight against the vortex, that just wastes energy and eventually you get sucked in anyway. The answer was to deliberately go down into the vortex at full power. This allows them to break free.

DRN:
Hey Rich, thanks for that.
Seems to work very well in Firefox.

rollo:
Cool Richidoo just installed it even  can do it.

charles

richidoo:
Cool  :thumb:

I disabled my AdNauseum temporarily, going back to Ublock + Ghostery for now. As much as I like screwing Google, I'd rather not see any ads, and I don't like the idea that the more I click on these ads the more money Google makes, even though eventually it should swamp them. In the meantime I'm stealing from the advertisers to give to Google by automatically clicking without reading them. Google killed Adnauseum app in the Google Play store so reaching critical mass enough for it to be a real nuisance to them might never happen.  I'll keep reading about it and might try it again.

Another valuable anti-Google strategy I've been using for years is search engine conduit StartPage.com. It quickly serves you the Google search engine results, but it acts as intermediary so that Google doesn't know who the search request is coming from, so you remain anonymous to google while enjoying google search engine.
https://www.startpage.com/

Nick B:
Start Page is ok. Ghostery works well and there's always DuckDuckGo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version