Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

Grover IC Comparison.....Digital Amp

<< < (2/3) > >>

mca:
Some say silver changes the most with break in. Hopefully you can compare them in about a week and report back.

I worry about the slightly forward comment with my new Piegas on the way. As I understand, they can be ruthlessly revealing.

lonewolfny42:

--- Quote ---I worry about the slightly forward comment with my new Piegas on the way. As I understand, they can be ruthlessly revealing.
--- End quote ---
By forward I mean most like live...not a tinny sound...but very clear.
Now maybe Carl can compare the Reality and Grover IC's on his Piegas.... 8)

shep:

--- Quote from: "lonewolfny42" ---
--- Quote from: "shep" ---Thank YOU (enfin!) now we're getting somewhere :D Are they run in? (the Grover's)
--- End quote ---
Their still breaking in....but some don't believe in break in.....so I'm just playing them about 3 - 4 hours a night.... :wink:
--- End quote ---
I firmly do. My spkrs took 200hrs, the opamps are only just opening up. I really hope everyone here is a "believer" and if they're not, will respect the others so we don't have pages of inflamatory nonsense and useless
arguments, the likes of which we have all been party to elsewhere. As I am using various Tripath amps and very revealing spkrs, I'm listening over your shoulder (by proxy!) to know what I'm getting :D

Double Ugly:

--- Quote from: "shep" ---
--- Quote from: "lonewolfny42" ---
--- Quote from: "shep" ---Thank YOU (enfin!) now we're getting somewhere :D Are they run in? (the Grover's)
--- End quote ---
Their still breaking in....but some don't believe in break in.....so I'm just playing them about 3 - 4 hours a night.... :wink:
--- End quote ---
I firmly do. My spkrs took 200hrs, the opamps are only just opening up. I really hope everyone here is a "believer" and if they're not, will respect the others so we don't have pages of inflamatory nonsense and useless
arguments, the likes of which we have all been party to elsewhere. As I am using various Tripath amps and very revealing spkrs, I'm listening over your shoulder (by proxy!) to know what I'm getting :D
--- End quote ---
I'm a believer too, shep, and I echo you sentiment about non-believers indulging those of us who have experienced the phenomenon.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it was several days before I felt my first pair of Grover ICs hit their stride.  The results of the initial comparison (played one hour, then compared to my 'normal' ICs) differed significantly from the final evaluation accomplished a week or so later.

lonewolfny42:
shep...

--- Quote ---I'm listening over your shoulder (by proxy!) to know what I'm getting
--- End quote ---
Good....I think you will be happy with the Grover's.... 8)
Tonight....a Butler 2250, Phillips CD-80 cdp, and the Mirage M-3's. Playing Jacques Loussier Trio - "Bach - The Brandenburgs" cd (Telarc Jazz)....sounding very good !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version