Author Topic: A report on some tweaks for the UberBUSS...  (Read 2643 times)

Online P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
A report on some tweaks for the UberBUSS...
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
Here is a C&P from one of my customers that has done extensive listening tests on all things power.  He is a power professional and a long time music lover and listener:

"The Uberbuss is now sounding rather incredible, after I experimented with some new isolation feet under it.  Herbie's frost-semi clear Iso-Cups with lampblack balls under it (3 of them).  Holy moly, things are getting amazingly neutral its ridiculous.  I personally find that having the 2 different types of outlets in there, the NCF Furutech plus the polished unplated FPX, is quite an amazing balance.  I prefer the digital source into the polished FPX, pre-amp into the NCF.  Sounds better that way to me than both in the NCF for some reason.  Chalk it up to "everything has a signature no matter how good something is", and, therefore, when you use 2 difference types of outlets, you completely avoid any of the weaknesses of one type, no matter how small, and can *potentially* achieve a more balanced, neutral, transparent result (which I believe I have)."

The polished FPX he is referring to is the Furutech FPX(Cu) that I disassemble and polish the beryllium copper to a mirror finish.

Once again:  highly polished electrical contacts are lower noise.  Oh, graphene is turning out to be a hit, too.

People keep asking me about tweaks for BUSSes, so please post your favs for the rest of us to see> 
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: A report on some tweaks for the UberBUSS...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:43:33 AM »
  It would good to know what is used under the Herbies footers. Carpet, plinth, ??  I like the NCF Gold over both copper and Rhodium.
  I find the Rhodium to be bright and over detailed. However big, open and quite revealing of source. The TWL HO PC is a winner feeding Uberbuss.
  I like to ground Uber and unground components. I use [2] Ubers one at each dedicated 20A line. Digital uses only Digibuss now plugged directly into dedicated 20A line.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.