Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 2941666 times)

pacifico

What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »
If you get over some the satan and other taboo crud asociated with their music, they make some good metal. Seasons in the Abyss is one of SLAYER's best.

AliG

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »
Quote from: "launche"
Just like your HT3's probably aren't 100% Jim Salk, there's a little D. Murphy in there and who knows what other concepts, ideas Salk borrowed or studied to bring the final product to your ears.

The different between Jim Salk and Beyonce is: Jim Salk never claimed that his speakers are 100% Salk. In fact, he put it in his webpage that the crossover is designed by the near-legendary Dennis Murphy.

Beyonce, on the other hand, try to take credit for writing the songs she never wrote.

By the way, Beyonce never sold 100milion albums on her own. Album sales has little to do with singing talents. Jessica Simpson has no talents whatsoever. Britney Spears - Oh my God - even sister can sing better than her. Yes, if you're comparing Beyonce with these two, certainly Beyonce has better singing skills.

I grew up in the church environment where I heard good singers everyday of my life. There's a "minimum standard" each singer has to meet before I can say that they know how to sing. Perhaps my standard is too high for Ms Knowles.

Anyway, I know you're a Beyonce fan. It's futile to debate with fans... I still remember last year you said about D-Wade alone was able to carry the whole Miami team to winning a ring... but unfortunately, this years results proves that Shaq is still very important.

Anyway, I lose.... :lol:  :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Jazz....

Stefon Harris - "Grand Unification Theory"....cd.....samples....  

launche

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 08:30:05 AM »
AliG you are too funny,

I like Beyonce but not too much to defend her per se,  I just think one's bias can cloud the fact that she is successful for a number of different reasons including and excluding her beauty.  It's just not fair the way people discredit and rip people on trivial points.  When I hear of someone working their tale off and enjoying success, I have to give them credit.  My personal opinion aside.

I got on my wife last night too, because she said she respected J. Lo for her accomplishments but didn't like her much.  I simply said I'm glad you can give her credit but babe you don't even know this woman not to like her.
I am not an Entertainment tonight type person and could care less about celebs and their lives per se, I just want to enjoy their art, unless they are doing something else to help the world.  I just want people to stop being negative and appreciate what a person brings to the table, nobody's perfect.  I told my wife to stop hatin' too, and boy was she mad. But she knew she was hatin' (that's a fun concept, make me feel young and hip)

Beyonce and others are pop artists, I don't know in what context she doesn't fit that bill, what exactly is one expecting from her.  When I see her advertised and her saying she is the voice of our generation, then I will have critism.  I don't recall making those comments about Wade, no player can be the team.  If I did say that directly then I retract my comments.  Like this situation, I was saying give the man credit and not discount his achievements simply because of Shaq.  His numbers are the same with and without Shaq and I was saying that he has that "it" to be able to get it down when most needed.  The team is/was playing like crap mostly, even when Shaq was in the line up.  They are mostly old and not hungry anymore and believe they can turn it on when needed.  I watch almost every game and watch and read about them, that is the sentiment about this team.  But I fully expect them to be there in the end competing for a championship.  

Now Wade and Beyonce have enough accolades, that should speak for itself.

Now this is the album review section, so....

I found this one most enjoyable.
Wonderful vocals and players.
I've heard a little about this artist, finally picked up the CD and will be adding more of her stuff to my collection.[/img]

AliG

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:05 AM »

This woman sings!!! :shock:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 10:06:58 PM »
Classical...

Concerto Koln & Vladimir Ivanoff of Sarband - " Dream of the Orient ".....cd.....Info Link........  

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
launche,
Although this is album review, i'll merge with live shows and note madeleine peyroux is on tour ... will be in asheville at the orange peel soon.   not sure where else.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 08:25:16 PM »

Tony Levin - "Pieces of the Sun"....cd....samples....  

ipy

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 01:39:34 PM »

Keith Jarrett - "Radiance-Live"..song samples..

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"

LW, you might like this one also... IIRC, it's recorded well.  

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"

LW, you might like this one also... IIRC, it's recorded well.  

-C
I've got that one Carl...its a good one....as is this one....... :wink:

Chris

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 07:37:28 AM »
Very nice, Mr. Wolf.  8)  Cool tunez.

I'm listening to this today...

I really enjoy listening to music.

ipy

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Enrico Rava Quintet - "The Words And The Days" ...samples...

WEEZ

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 08:10:21 PM »
"Living With The Animals"; Mother Earth.

The cd re-issue is as shitty as the lp as far as the recording goes...but I still like this album :)

WEEZ

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
Frank Zappa - Joes Garage Acts I,II &III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa