Author Topic: New Grover ICs??  (Read 52606 times)

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
Re: New Grover ICs??
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
The upgrade offer is awesome. I'm glad it's not free, that would destroy any profit you made on the group buy. Congrats on the patent. That is great news!!!
Rich

Ditto. Great upgrade path, and glad I didn't sell off my previous ICs yet, looks like I'll be needing them while a couple pairs of graphites get upgraded. Hard to believe the new ICs are better; then again, I was astonished what the graphite version could do, esp. for the group buy price.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

LKdog

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »
Guys, I'm always researching and developing. This new cable with the carbon nickel shield is wonderful. The graphite cable has not been discontinued it remains as before. The Grover SC cable is more expensive as the cost is greater and more labor intensive. Any of you that wishes to upgrade to the SC cable may send me either of the Group buy cables plus $75 (1 meter a little more on longer lengths) to cover the additional cost. This offer is opened ended. I have great news, after years of fighting I finally received my Patent.

Interesting. How is it better in your opinion?
Has anyone done any listening tests of the two side by side besides you- and given their feedback?
What does it do that the graphite version does not do in your opinion?

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »
Guys, I'm always researching and developing. This new cable with the carbon nickel shield is wonderful. The graphite cable has not been discontinued it remains as before. The Grover SC cable is more expensive as the cost is greater and more labor intensive. Any of you that wishes to upgrade to the SC cable may send me either of the Group buy cables plus $75 (1 meter a little more on longer lengths) to cover the additional cost. This offer is opened ended. I have great news, after years of fighting I finally received my Patent.

Grover,

Once again you have made a VERY generous offer  :-P. I never have gotten around to sending any of my 'first group-buy' cables back...I appreciate this level of customer service (not always available out there is audioland  :().

Congrats on receiving the patent...I've heard that it can be a long and tedious process...it's nice that your persistence has paid off.

Again, thanks for all of the help you have given us!!!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 05:50:12 AM »
Grover,Grover, Grover,,congrats on the patent,,,you are a patient man.Heck,, I'm still burning in my graphite's,,,,and enjoying it. Thanks for providing the opportunity to upgrade.

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 09:30:05 AM »
Does that mean we will be seeing a website soon?
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
Does that mean we will be seeing a website soon?

Thats what I'm hoping for as well.

Bigfish8

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Grover:

Congratulations on the patent!

Would mind telling us what you hear as differences of your new ICs versus the Graphite Verison?

Thanks,

Ken

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »

Congrats on the patent!  :D

Just out of curiosity, what is your patent number and which version of your ic's does the patent apply to?

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »
Latest post from the Steve Hoffman Forum Grover thread:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=47670&page=33

Yesterday, 05:05 PM    #649 
sberger

Originally Posted by sberger 
Well, seems to be another upgrade in store. I emailed Grover this morning on the status of my order of "S" IC's, and he emailed me back the following:

Hi Sam, you're very lucky, I spent a while developing a new design that kills the graphite cable. I just made the special size cables in the SC version and sending them today

Sounds interesting, huh?

Got them today, and let just say, the change from what I had, which was his 1st edition "S" cables, is not subtle whatsover. This is out of the box, so to speak. It is really a very overused review technique, but the hell with it; I am hearing things on very familiar lp's that I have never heard before. This is really in your face stuff. My system is pretty much all tube based and geared towards vinyl, so it's very exciting to me. It will be interesting to hear from folks that do more ss/digital, because these new IC's are extremely resolving(no, not bright, resolving). This is the best my system has sounded. Incredible.

grover

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I actually developed the Carbon Nickel shield a while back for my Phono cable. With that minimal signal the shield is so extremely important. I seemed to me to try the shield in the graphite's, you would have thought I would have tried this already but I was satisfied with the copper shield in the graphite’s etc. Well I was wrong the Carbon Nickel shield is a whole New World. As it will become obvious when the cables are compared. I just received the patent claims allowance notification so there is no number yet. I have to pay the $1000 allowance and publication fee, then the patent will be published. As soon as I know the Patent Number I'll let you guys know. Yes there is going to be a website now.

AcidJazz

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
Well, one man's resolving is another's bright.  :rofl:

LKdog

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
Grover has stated that his reference system is an all tube preamp and tube amplifier setup.
May account for his voicing preference to some degree.

AcidJazz- How did your graphites turn out for you?

AcidJazz

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »
Grover has stated that his reference system is an all tube preamp and tube amplifier setup.
May account for his voicing preference to some degree.

AcidJazz- How did your graphites turn out for you?

So far, after some 200-300 hrs, I like them, they bettered my previous cables MAC AQ SS w.S bulletRCAs and the MAC Palladiums. I am getting more details in the mid and upper frequencies plus my mid bass sounds 'clearer'.
My system sounds less warm than before...I am running Tempest pre with tube amp.
I haven't touched my speaker adjustment levels, there I always have the option of rolling back the mid and tweeter.
Now if the new SC version is all its claimed...that would be another jump for me in the quality of my sound.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »
Have decided to hold off for now on upgrading the latest group buy, graphite ICs to the SC version. However, I'm interested in the impressions of any graphite IC owners who go for the SC upgrade. In advance, thanks.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Phil

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 07:59:06 PM »
I will be upgrading from what was the latest to the latest.   Having upgraded over a few years, I have found that when Grover says the change is significant, I can trust his ears (and honesty).  And the upgrade cost has always been reasonable.  To me, Grover's cables are a tremendous value and I enjoy upgrading and listening to the differences, although I can understand while some might not enjoy the same process, especially if they are upgrading components and the like.   Also, I upgraded long before the group buy, so I have had quite a while to enjoy the almost-latest cables.