Author Topic: First official review - Purity Tube J-DAC/ Positive-Feedback  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
The first official review of the Purity Audio Design tube DAC.

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/purity-audio-design-j-dac/
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: First official review - Purity Tube J-DAC/ Positive-Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:53:54 PM »
Congratulations. That’s a very nice review. An aesthetically pleasing dac as well …nicely done. It was also interesting to have it compared to the Schiit Yggdrasil dac. And I never knew that Mazda made tubes….learn something all the time. Finally, nice to be able to put a name to a photo.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: First official review - Purity Tube J-DAC/ Positive-Feedback
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 07:16:04 PM »
Congratulations. That’s a very nice review. An aesthetically pleasing dac as well …nicely done. It was also interesting to have it compared to the Schiit Yggdrasil dac. And I never knew that Mazda made tubes….learn something all the time. Finally, nice to be able to put a name to a photo.
Mazda in Japanese means the god of light and wisdom, if I recall correctly.  The company has been around since 1920.  They made and make a lot of different things.

Great review, Bill.  Congrats on yet another stellar sonic performer!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 07:36:24 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe