Author Topic: EVS Ground Enhancers  (Read 28246 times)

Bigfish8

Re: EVS Ground Enhancers
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
Guys:

I hope the Ground Enhancers and the crystals worked well for you.  I stayed on the side-lines and a good friend of my purchased the ground enhancers.  He told me once he installed them he could hear no difference.  I realize they are inexpensive tweaks and I hope the purchasers obtain significant value from them. 

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »
No way! No Alan Maher crack for me. Thanks anyway.  :D

Joking, of course - don't mean to disparage Alan's work at all. I believe they work, and heard something of his over at Mike's house. But only so many audio dollars flying around, I need other stuff more. I have a crystal collection and drink water from a tourmaline filter, so I have no fear of the "technology." I'll probably try it someday.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »
It's real easy to drive yourself nuts on these tweaks.  The crystals are fascinating but at some point, it seems like Alan has shifted from innovative electronic conditioning circuits to selling a myriad of different crystals.  Hey, I'm not knocking it - they seem to work to some extent and I certainly have my share of Alan Maher CBFs, but at some point you just have to wonder if these tweaks warrant all the time and attention (even if not money).  And believe me, I've tried my share of most of them.

The way I figure it, if we are to be dependent on subjective listening, there will always be GEs, CBFs and  myriad of other tweaks to buy and try.  Just gotta remember that it's the nervosa talking...

Offline richidoo

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
I didn't hear it working myself, but I have been told that the Acoustic Revive power boxes sound amazing. Billet aluminum box stuffed with tourmaline dust and duplexes. There's gotta be something to it. But the list of interesting tweeks for stocking stuffers is mighty long these days. So many things that would be fun to try.

shep

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »
There are just too many damn tweaks and that way lies madness! I'm having enough trouble getting my head around the lenghty and not very pleasent break-in of my KCI Silkworms. Tweaks I like and don't cost a lot are experienting with absolute phase (at the speaker end), Craig's Gold conditioner, ebony footers, mass loading of equipment. Ones I would like to try include Shumann Resonators, and the Lossless Blackbox. Getting into chrystals scares me. I have enough of them in my joints thank you!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
I have enough of them in my joints thank you!
:rofl:

Here's the tweak you need:
http://www.discountjuicers.com/greenstar.html

The nozzle has tourmaline crystals in it to zap the juice with magic. ;)

Bitter green juice like dandelion leaves are so alkaline they will dissolve any acid crystals very quickly. And lots of other good things.
-pardon my hijack-

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »

Bitter green juice like dandelion leaves are so alkaline they will dissolve any acid crystals very quickly. And lots of other good things.
-pardon my hijack-

If you grind your interconnects through this thing will you be able to hear "finer" detail?  :rofl:

(You may laugh, but I know I guy who made DIY cables and ran the raw wire through his wife's pasta machine before he assembled the cables because he thought that flat wire sounded better.)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

evan1

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »

-pardon my hijack-

If you grind your interconnects through this thing will you be able to hear "finer" detail?  :rofl:

(You may laugh, but I know I guy who made DIY cables and ran the raw wire through his wife's pasta machine before he assembled the cables because he thought that flat wire sounded better.)

Flatter response ?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »
I may not hear finer detail but I will definitely see finer detail after this "tweek."

Grover Huffman rolls his own round bulk wire into ribbons with ridges and scalloped edges, then polishes them with polishing rollers.