Self Medicating > General DIY

An Unusual Speaker Cable, Very Very Low Inductance, Size Matters

<< < (4/5) > >>

rollo:
   Wow never would have thought that. Biwiring would help that situation , no ?

charles

steve:

--- Quote from: rollo on August 07, 2019, 12:25:40 PM ---   Wow never would have thought that. Biwiring would help that situation , no ?

charles

--- End quote ---

Maybe. So many variables to deal with.
Off the top of my head, one variable would be the bandwidth that the woofer handles. Two way
will be different than three way.

I am concentrating on the woofer, as it needs to not only be damped at resonance, but still
blend in with the other driver(s). Tonal balance changes could occur. Complications.

Whatever the designer configured for is probably the best way to go, but don't quote me on
that as there will be exceptions.

Cheers
steve

steve:
I was using nine 18 gauge wires on one leg but by just slightly repositioning the speakers (0,5mm rotation), using the 10th improved the sound. I did have to take ~3/8" off of one turn on a 600 watt crossover inductor. That required burning a new slot on the plastic inductor form, to hold the wire in place.

I exchanged the 10th wire on each leg from regular wire with a 6n pure 18 gauge wire. I mean my system, playing YT Premium, sounds unbelievable, clearly beating anything I had auditioned playing redbook/high rez and shows and homes, until the 6n wires were installed. Now it is un-freakingly unbelievable.

The changes are at extremely low level musical signal levels, spacial Qs, harmonic structure etc etc. It should have not surprised me though, since 6" length of 6n wire made a difference in my hugely upgraded dac.

The obvious limiting factor is the recording. Another question. Do I want to spend a grand on all 6n pure speaker wire?

I will wait a while and time will tell.

steve

tmazz:

--- Quote from: steve on September 22, 2020, 02:49:41 PM ---
And will all 6n wire expose a hidden problem or get that last gram of sonic bliss?

--- End quote ---

Isn't that the $64,000 question with any upgrade?

P.I.:

--- Quote from: tmazz on September 22, 2020, 10:05:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: steve on September 22, 2020, 02:49:41 PM ---
And will all 6n wire expose a hidden problem or get that last gram of sonic bliss?

--- End quote ---

Isn't that the $64,000 question with any upgrade?

--- End quote ---
Always has been since I figured out that measurements are a great place to start, but the important aspect is the toe-tapping, “I wanna just keep listening, screw sleep!” one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version