Systemic Development > Analog Devices

Turntable Interconnects…

(1/3) > >>

James Edward:
Wondering about whether you think upgrading the standard cables that came with my 600 dollar Pro-Ject table is a worthwhile venture.
I see it two ways-
1. it’s a 600 dollar table- what difference could it possibly make?
2. it’s a 600 dollar table- how good could the supplied wires be?
If it matters in the thought process, the turntable outs are RCA, not DIN.
I recently upgraded the stylus; I hadn’t paid much attention to the table as of late, but getting up close made me consider the cables. Lipstick on a pig? I just don’t know…
Jim

ejk:

--- Quote from: James Edward on November 02, 2022, 02:51:10 PM ---Wondering about whether you think upgrading the standard cables that came with my 600 dollar Pro-Ject table is a worthwhile venture.
I see it two ways-
I recently upgraded the stylus; I hadn’t paid much attention to the table as of late, but getting up close made me consider the cables. Lipstick on a pig? I just don’t know…
Jim

--- End quote ---

Here is inexpensive cable. His speaker cables are made very well

https://sites.google.com/view/pine-tree-audio/interconnects/single-ended/quad-braid-wground

P.I.:

--- Quote from: James Edward on November 02, 2022, 02:51:10 PM ---Wondering about whether you think upgrading the standard cables that came with my 600 dollar Pro-Ject table is a worthwhile venture.
I see it two ways-
Jim

--- End quote ---
There are the naysayers that poo-poo interconnects or other audio interconnects, but there are always changes and improvements (not the same) to be had with connectivity.

One thing you always have to consider is the cost/benefit resultant. I can pretty much guarantee you the the interconnects that came with that TT cost  $1.00USD.  Go for a inexpensive cable like Blue Jeans or the aforementioned Pine Tree.

Even better.  Buy a soldering iron, learn to solder and begin the quest!  Wire IS NOT JUST wire.

BobM:
contact Pete - Triode Wire Labs. He'll probably be willing to send you a trial cable that you can test for yourself. But my bet it once you hear it you won't be returning it.

S Clark:
Also look at Audio Sensibility.  I've found their intro level OCC cables to be a good upgrade to a basic Jelco, which is already a step up from a manufacturer supplied cord. 
https://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/phono-cables-occ-copper-and-occ-silver/
Note that the prices are in Canadian... and the US dollar is historically strong right now. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version