Systemic Development > Speakers

Dali Rubicon 6

(1/2) > >>

dflee:
Picked up a demo pair for a decent price (new would have been out of my league).
I have been trying to replace an old speaker I had for over twenty five years (I don't change often). Through suggestions I went with a pair that I just could not get used to. They didn't sound bad but I couldn't get past the metal tweeter. Stupid as I am I lost money on a trade in for a higher model (different metal tweeter of the same brand) and while liking them quite a bit and the metal wasn't as bad found them to have a similar effect on me with certain music. Sold them (and lost more money) and took the 6s home for a trial. At first the LF was a little bloated but they seem to go lower than specs state. After some more break in the LF has improved quite a bit and is tight. The silk dome tweeter with a ribbon super is delightful and mid range is excellent. Not the best cabinet but solid with a nice veneer. Overall sound (for me) of the 6 after break in is sounding really good with any genre I throw at them. They really accel both on and off axis which is crucial to me since they are used in a living room with my wife and I sitting in different locations. They retain a good micro and macro detail with the gear ahead of them.
As with the my original speakers, these will stay for a very long time.
I highly recommend the Dali speaker.

Don

P.I.:

--- Quote from: dflee on September 15, 2023, 09:51:04 AM ---Picked up a demo pair for a decent price (new would have been out of my league).
I have been trying to replace an old speaker I had for over twenty five years (I don't change often). Through suggestions I went with a pair that I just could not get used to. They didn't sound bad but I couldn't get past the metal tweeter. Stupid as I am I lost money on a trade in for a higher model (different metal tweeter of the same brand) and while liking them quite a bit and the metal wasn't as bad found them to have a similar effect on me with certain music. Sold them (and lost more money) and took the 6s home for a trial. At first the LF was a little bloated but they seem to go lower than specs state. After some more break in the LF has improved quite a bit and is tight. The silk dome tweeter with a ribbon super is delightful and mid range is excellent. Not the best cabinet but solid with a nice veneer. Overall sound (for me) of the 6 after break in is sounding really good with any genre I throw at them. They really accel both on and off axis which is crucial to me since they are used in a living room with my wife and I sitting in different locations. They retain a good micro and macro detail with the gear ahead of them.

Don

--- End quote ---
It IS a journey and this journey is a personal one. 

I bought one piece of gear based solely on the recommendation from a trusted friend.  I never did that again.

I'm glad you found your keepers.  :thumb:

Nick B:

--- Quote from: dflee on September 15, 2023, 09:51:04 AM ---Picked up a demo pair for a decent price (new would have been out of my league).

Don

--- End quote ---

Congrats, Don!

As to losing money on trade ins, I'm quite experienced in that regard over the years 🥲 It happens and just enjoy your new addition now 🎶🎶

Nick

GDHAL:
Best of luck with your new speakers. If I'm not mistaken they're rear ported. No matter but like most speakers placement is crucial. Give them breathing room and they should shine.  :)  8)

mresseguie:
Don,

Interesting configuration....two very different tweeters. Is it like a 2.5 design (2.55??  :) )?

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version