Author Topic: Wave review  (Read 3616 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Wave review
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:14:19 AM »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Wave review
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
Maybe a group buy is in order. I'm still laughing, funny guy.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
I'm in!!   :rofl:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:39:49 AM »
Bose can't sue us for sarcasm, can they? I think that's why gizmo's review is still on the web.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »
Richadoo,
                   With their sucess in sales I seriously doubt it. I even have one. Actually not bad for what it is.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

FredT

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:47:37 AM »
Hilarious article!
 :rofl:
Actually I wish somebody would test the Wave Radio and post the results. I anticipate the Wave would compare very well to other plastic table radios, but not to comparably priced mini systems with decent quality drivers in well designed enclosures.

Somebody did post test results for an Acoustimass system, and here's the link:
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
From what I have gathered through insinuation and hearsay (two very reliable sources) Bose is extremely aggressive in muting negative comments about their products. This maybe why you never see professional unbiased reviews of their products, even though their advertising claims to be superior sound, you know those two full range multidriver speakers that grow up out of the table like inflatable? I guess that is why Gizmo chose sarcasm to comment on their products in a overly favorable light. It doesn't say anything about the sound quality, which I agree is pretty good for the size of the box it's in, but to make a statement about their exaggerated claims and strong arm marketing tactics.

Bose has succeeded in marketing the joy of high fidelity to the masses. It is just a taste, and Bose certainly will never tell them there is much more to be had, but at least the awareness of good sound is being promoted by BOSE. That's a good thing.