Author Topic: Ebony cones anyone?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Ebony cones anyone?
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:28:48 AM »
I have been experimenting using Ebony in all shapes and forms to mcure some vibration issues. To date I have found Ebony to be extremely affective in all applications. Especially the cones. You might want to locate Ebony pencil blanks or Bowl blanks to put under your transformers.
     Vtc4 Studio sells the Ebony cones for $40US for 3. A steal in IMO. Try a set under your CDP,TT or power supplies. They will bring out the bass as well as providing an ease to the sound. All tweaks are subjective to the synergy of the component, however IMO these are universal in their affect.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Spirit

Re: Ebony cones anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

I have been experimenting using Ebony in all shapes and forms to mcure some vibration issues. To date I have found Ebony to be extremely affective in all applications. Especially the cones. You might want to locate Ebony pencil blanks or Bowl blanks to put under your transformers.
     Vtc4 Studio sells the Ebony cones for $40US for 3. A steal in IMO. Try a set under your CDP,TT or power supplies. They will bring out the bass as well as providing an ease to the sound. All tweaks are subjective to the synergy of the component, however IMO these are universal in their affect.

rollo
Rollo:
What or who is Vtc4?

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 07:41:50 AM »
Sorry man its VT4C Studio. www.vt4c.com. They sell all sorts of audio parts. Great prices. They are in Hong Kong.

rollo
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »
Herbie's Audio Lab sells ebony balls and domes (along with lots of other interesting cheap tweaks)
http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/special.htm

And, here's a site that does some interesting things with ebony... http://www.venushifi.com/products/yamamoto_audiobases.shtml

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »
Herbie's Audio Lab sells ebony balls and domes (along with lots of other interesting cheap tweaks)
http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/special.htm

And, here's a site that does some interesting things with ebony... http://www.venushifi.com/products/yamamoto_audiobases.shtml

Good find, thanks.

rollo

wet weasel

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
Everytime I pass this topic I think of Halle offering to doff her tube top. :duh:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:36:40 AM »
Everytime I pass this topic I think of Halle offering to doff her tube top. :duh:

Wait to you see the cones with nipples.HeHeHe1

rollo

wet weasel

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 01:59:48 PM »
So that's why it's called a "tweak" (ducking)