Author Topic: BSG QOl  (Read 7993 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
BSG QOl
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:25:02 PM »
  Stereophile has chosen the QOL as one of it's class "A" reccomended components. Bravo ! The awards and positive reviews keep coming in. It isn't hype any more.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline bhobba

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: BSG QOl
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
For those that listen to it they know its not and never was hype.

Of course - Bravo.

Thanks
Bill

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:29 AM »
   Bill being down under is yours upside down ?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Kidding aside have you tried the Hi Fi tuning fuse or different power cords  ? Footers as well have an affect. Try any of the roller ball bearing types. The most affective so far are Pon-Tunes. Mike should be able to get some from Analysis to try. Well worth the effort as they are cumulative in effect. Hope all is well.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »
  Stereophile has chosen the QOL as one of it's class "A" recommended components. Bravo ! The awards and positive reviews keep coming in. It isn't hype any more.

Charles

I am still recovering from exposure to you system last night Charles....all I can say is WOW!!!
Hauling my 6ft 100lb speakers down into your man cave was definitely worth it. From the moment you pushed the button on the BSG QOL I became a believer. I swear I saw an apparition of Christian McBride materialize before me waaaay to the right of the speaker in your room.
The "you are there" feel of Joey De Francesco Live at the 5 spot was fantastic. Speaking of organ music..that pipe organ piece was quite impressive hearing it upstairs as I was answering a call on my cell phone I could feel the pressure on my ears from the low frequency content.
I am sure you will improve on the sound as you experiment with speaker placement and swapping cables.
I cant wait to hear how it goes....Greg

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:44 AM »
  The QOL can change ones world. The Dodd preamp and the Arions were a VG match with your speakers. The Loecsh & Weisner as well. More clarity and dynamics with the L&W. The Dodd uses RCA tubes which are  bit warm. the 6H30 based Dodd has more clarity and dynamics.
   The Organ on the RR disc is scrotum shaking. Bi wired them last night with good affect. Used solid core magnet wire for subwoofer section and Supra for mids/treble. So far so good. Also switched out the 6H30DR back to Sovtek. Got more transparency but more sibilance with vocals. Maybe a tad bright with Sovtek. More experimentation is needed to dial it all in. It appears that the Supra cable and the Sovteks are fighting each other. The 6H30DR [ Reflector] mates well with Supra. The DR seems to like the Lenehan cryoed speaker cable.
   Pete is making up speaker cables to try out. I cannot wait to put the Duelund CAST in the Arions. In House just not installed yet. The Cardas cap stock is quite good however out done by the Duelund Alexandra. The CAST should be a major step up.
    The Bass on your speakers along with their dynamics is unheard of with dipoles. The organ on the RR disc "The Bach Gamut" Virgil Fox Live in San Francisco was breathtaking. The Sheffield drum record with Jim Keltner was as close as it gets. The cymbals shimmer with uncanny decay. You could hear the skins harmonic for goodness sake.

charles

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »

Pete is making up speaker cables to try out.

charles

Your jaw will drop, again! See you tomorrow with cables in hand!

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

GT Audio Works

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »
Charles,
 The pair you have has the same binding post feeding the mid woofers, planar panel and the ribbon tweeter.
When I come back over your place we can split the speaker for tri wire to take advantage of your collection of speaker wire.
 If it sounds better I will incorporate tri wiring capability into the next pair. 
                                            Greg

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 06:25:13 AM »
The prototypes so far are VG. Jumpers being used are Siltech G5. Tried Kimber select to sub perfer Siltech.
    Bi wiring at least may be a good thing. Agree lets try. Tri wire may be a just too much expense for potential consumer.
    So far every speaker cable tried presented a different presentation. So far, Lenehan [ Cryo], Morey James, Tara Space & time, Supra, Stealth silver ribbons and homemade Radio Shack [ flat cable made into separate legs ].
    Going to try the Omega Mikro active and JPS Labs SC-3 against TWL.
    BTW removed QOL to see if there was any ill affect on dipoles. Took about 2 minutes to decide. The QOL is back in.

charles
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:27:40 AM by rollo »

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Charles, when you mention 'prototypes', you mean Pete's new speaker cables?  I'm very interesting to see how they do.  Sounds like you've got a setup quite sensitive to changes in speaker cables!

I've been a long time fan of JPS and have been using SC3 speaker cables for awhile but am looking forward to hearing what the TWL speaker cables can do.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
The prototypes so far are VG. Jumpers being used are Siltech G5. Tried Kimber select to sub perfer Siltech.
    Bi wiring at least may be a good thing. Agree lets try. Tri wire may be a just too much expense for potential consumer.
    So far every speaker cable tried presented a different presentation. So far, Lenehan [ Cryo], Morey James, Tara Space & time, Supra, Stealth silver ribbons and homemade Radio Shack [ flat cable made into separate legs ].
    Going to try the Omega Mikro active and JPS Labs SC-3 against TWL.
    BTW removed QOL to see if there was any ill affect on dipoles. Took about 2 minutes to decide. The QOL is back in.

charles

Hey, "Mums" the word!... and I asked you to reserve comment (to me) for some "play & settling" time... Loose lips sink ships, bucko! "VG" is just the start... you'll see, & more importantly, HEAR!

"If you got ears, you gotta listen!" ... Captain Beefheart, aka Don VanVliet (RIP)
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Pete - such a spoil sport - what, you think anyone else is reading this?   :rofl:

I totally understand. All good things come to those that wait (no matter how much we're itching to know ;-)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »
Ah he is just breaking balls. A work in progress.  :-$ :-#.  All I can say is a VG starting point.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 07:11:05 AM »
BSG Technologies has decided to sever their dealer network. Our dealership aggreements were cancelled by email last month.
    BSGT will now sell direct for around $2400. Dealer price was $3995. We sold them for $3225. Oh well time to move on. Still a great product the company another story.

charles

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
BSG Technologies has decided to sever their dealer network. Our dealership aggreements were cancelled by email last month.
    BSGT will now sell direct for around $2400. Dealer price was $3995. We sold them for $3225. Oh well time to move on. Still a great product the company another story.

charles

I guess all of the dealers were "dis-QOL-ified"!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, Charles... I just couldn't help myself from making an all too corny joke.  Reality of it is you and all of the rest of the dealers ended up on the wrong end of it.  Too bad.

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »
    No problem it was funny.

charles