Author Topic: Silver vs. Violet  (Read 34994 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Black Sand Cables
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 06:24:50 AM »
Crucify?!? Nah...
AQ, Shunyata and others have proven there is a demand for this level of performance even at their prices! Enter Black Sand with equal or superior performance to the best in the world for 1/3 the price. There's nothing wrong with that!! Congrats John! Keep it up! You make it easy to buy from you with continued stream of innovative products.

Just don't stop selling chrome, violet and silver - PLEASE!!   [-o<

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Black Sand Cables
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 06:32:09 AM »
I agree... I wouldn't worry too much about folks that complain... they will always find something to complain about.... Especially things they don't understand.  

I honestly didn't know what the price of the cord was going to be when I was trying it out in my system.  It's a nice improvement but I had it in my head that it'd be in the 2-4,k price range.  I was pleasantly surprised when you announced the prices.  If you're in the market for a 1,k+ power cord, you'd be insane not to put the S1 on your shortlist.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Double Ugly

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 07:55:21 AM »
Quote from: "TomS"
Oh, jeez.  Now that I've finally accumulated 6 BS V's, replaced and sold the rag tag bunch of PC's I had before, and finally said "ahhh" to the V's there's another one?  Nervosa indeed.  I think I'll just enjoy some music.

Uh, has the price of these been set yet?  Oh, no, I don't even wanna know....
I wouldn't worry about it, Tom.  Fact is, you have the second best PC I've ever heard, and you got 'em at a fraction of the Statement One's price.  I'd say you've done well, and have little reason to feel you're a victim of post-purchase 'settling.'  

Shoot, you haven't even heard a Statement One yet!  :lol:

Quote from: "djbnh"
Maybe those changing over to the Statement PC will be putting their respective Silver Ref MK V's up for sale...
I have 3 6-footers I'll be putting on the block soon.  Anyone want 'em?

Quote from: "Black Sand Cable"
Yeah I know it's not cheap but keep in mind before everybody crucifies me that the F1/M1 combo is $550.00 and the Acrolink Carbons are $800.00!

At the end of the day, not cheap but I put to use the best of the best in this cord.
You did just fine, John.  I know what went into the cord, too, and I suspect you're making little to nothing with the current price structure.  Not a bad plan from a marketing perspective, but I don't recommend you keep it intact any longer than necessary.  You have to eat, too.

Quote from: "Carlman"
If you're in the market for a 1,k+ power cord, you'd be insane not to put the S1 on your shortlist.
Yep.  I doubt you'll find much better (any better?) at several times the asking price.  Take a look at Virtual Dynamics if you want to see some really hefty prices.

-Jim

WEEZ

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »
"crucify'; "folks that complain"; "things they don't understand"....

hmmmm, this IS the Shock Therapy forum, right?

WEEZ :)

Double Ugly

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
Quote from: "Double Ugly"
Quote from: "djbnh"
Maybe those changing over to the Statement PC will be putting their respective Silver Ref MK V's up for sale...
I have 3 6-footers I'll be putting on the block soon.  Anyone want 'em?
Wow...that'll teach me to keep my mouth shut!  Within 8 hours I had 2 inquiries, and within 24 hours I had an additional inquiry and the cables were sold!  :shock:

John may be just a wee bit put out with me because I sold the cables below current market value, but not significantly so.  Besides, no one aside from me and the purchaser know the price, and the deal was struck with a fellow AN'er.  We should take care of one another, right?  

Anyway, John will be sending a couple more Statement Ones soon so I can determine which connector I want.  If I'm going spend a small fortune on PCs, I'm going to make darn sure I purchase the version that sounds best to our ears.  I'm funny that way.  :wink:

Anyway, just thought some might be interested in recent Black Sand Cable/Silver Reference Mk. V events.  

-Jim

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 07:27:28 PM »
Any comparisons between the bass performance  for the  silver reference and the statement one?

Thanks,

Biggie.

Lethal Johnson

BSPC + Hydra
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
Anyone used a BSPC with a Shunyata hydra and care to share their experience?

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: BSPC + Hydra
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 06:02:28 AM »
Quote from: "Lethal Johnson"
Anyone used a BSPC with a Shunyata hydra and care to share their experience?

I've got an orig Hydra.   I replaced the stock cord with a VH Audio Airsine a couple years ago and have been extremely pleased with that.   Because of the NEMA connector on the orig Hydra, I doubt I'll replace the Airsine.

I am using a 20a Black Sand Silver Ref on my McCormack amp directly to the wall as well as a BS Silver Ref between my Tact pre and the Hydra.    Even with the Hydra, I have found improvements with good PCs and the BS Silver Ref has taken away any need I once had for "trying" other PCs.   (well, all except for perhaps John's new Statement 1).

Double Ugly

Re: BSPC + Hydra
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 09:55:06 AM »
Quote from: "mdconnelly"
... and the BS Silver Ref has taken away any need I once had for "trying" other PCs.   (well, all except for perhaps John's new Statement 1).
Presently, I have a Statement One with Acrolink's top-of-the-line Carbon connectors attached to one of my amps, and I have a second Statement One with Oyaide's flagship F1/M1 series connectors connected to my Transporter.  Once I'm sure both are sufficiently prepared, I will A/B them via the Transporter.  The rest of the system will be equipped with Silver Reference Mk.Vs.

I will post my impressions of the two once I've determined what (if any) differences exist.  Standard caveats apply (to my ears, in my system, etc., etc.,).

-Jim

lonewolfny42

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:25 PM »
Bling..... 8)

The new Black Sand Statement One..... :wink:

Double Ugly

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 08:38:09 PM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Bling..... 8)

The new Black Sand Statement One..... :wink:
Nah... you don't need pictures from me, Chris.  Just take a look at John's website.

The connectors pictured are the Oyaide F1/M1s.  The Acrolink's look similar, but if you want I'll try to take a picture in the next few days so you can see the difference.

Will that do, or do I need to hold one in each hand with a beer on top of my noggin'?  :wink:  :lol:

-Jim

lonewolfny42

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 11:04:06 PM »
The connectors pictured are the Oyaide F1/M1s. The Acrolink's look similar, but if you want I'll try to take a picture in the next few days so you can see the difference.
Sounds good Jim.... 8)

Will that do, or do I need to hold one in each hand with a beer on top of my noggin'?
Show us your photo's....but careful....don't spill the beer..... :lol:  :wink:

shaizada

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 12:01:51 AM »
Darn it :)

Now I have to start saving up for the statements!  Though, I am totally loving my Violet Z1.  Hats off to John.

lonewolfny42

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:01 PM »
Quote from: "shaizada"
Darn it :)

Now I have to start saving up for the statements!  Though, I am totally loving my Violet Z1.  Hats off to John.
Looks like John may offer another Group Buy..... 8)

http://www.audionervosa.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=3363#3363

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Black Sand Cables
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 07:19:29 AM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Looks like John may offer another Group Buy..... 8)

I bet he would enjoy sending out a Statement One only group buy 8) Unfortunately, none would come to my house.