Author Topic: Naim Ovator S-600 Speaker  (Read 7592 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Naim Ovator S-600 Speaker
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »
Here's a picture of the new Naim loudspeakers playing at RMAF. 

More info: http://www.naim-audio.com/products/ovator.html

Black Sand is a Naim dealer. Have you heard these yet John?  Anybody heard them at the show and care to comment? Thanks!

Black Sand Cable

Re: Naim Ovator S-600 Speaker
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »
I have received a lot of info on them from Naim but as of today, I have yet to hear them but I really want to as I like them.....on paper at least!

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 12:18:47 PM »
Rich got me thinking on these so I called up the distributor and they aren't in stock yet nor is pricing available.

I have been warned however that they are going to be very expensive to ship as a result of the weight of each speaker. From what I have been told they are coming in at close to 160 pounds per speaker in the box and roughly 143 pounds out of the box.

I will be very interested to see what the yet to be released flagship version weighs in at it!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
I'll be very interested to hear what it sounds like. I have been reading about it. Lots of Naim weenies chatting it up in UK. It went on prototype tour there in the summer.  With a set at RMAF one can hope they will start showing up at dealers.  But NAIM is not yet signed up for the Stereophile AXPONA show in Jacksonville in March.

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »
If I were to guess their secret location, I'd bet they're probably sitting right here in Indy at ASL Group  :drool:  They have a nice little showroom if you call ahead...
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
Makes sense Tom, since they are NAIM US importer now.

Actually, looking at the AXPONA exhibitors list a little more closely, it looks like 4 US importers each bringing their multiple lines, and a couple local FL dealers. Not like RMAF.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »
Naim makes nice equipment....heard these speakers at RMAF.

My comment....Naim makes nice equipment...nice equipment.

patrick F

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »
they are in Indy. 8)