Author Topic: Bryston?  (Read 16581 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Bryston?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:16 AM »
Do you find the Bryston stuffy? On paper it is a perfect amp for me. But I heard 28SST at Denver, way too stuffy and dry. 80+dB feedback I was told, plus lots more in the pre and source. I'm sure the VAC juiced it up some. Rare critiques of the CDP say stuffy and dry staging, the sound of high feedback. Love to hear your take rollo

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »
The new Brystons have been voiced IMO to smooth out the aggressive top end of yore. Its like everything else we have auditioned. I've owned the older $b and St versions. Used them on the Maggies, wonderfull used them with Alons with metal dome tweeters couldn't listen to it.
   Years ago IMO a Bryston amp had to have a tubed Pre up front to sound its best. Loved the VAC Renaissance with it. Heaven actually. Talk about dynamics, slam, BASS, detail, soudstage size and imaging. FUgetabout it. Awesome. What it did NOT have without the tubes upfront is the soul, body, emotional impact, weight [ except for bass ] and gestalt of of the newer versions.
   Like everything else when set up properly in ones HOME, it can be evaluated properly. If the Maggies were in use a Bryston amp would drive them flavored by a tube somewhere upfront either the Pre or CDP. Now if one is a headbanger then Bryston all the way with PMC speakers. A stairway to heaven for those rockers.

charles     
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »
Thanks rollo. I will keep an open mind until I can get one in the house. They offer good value.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 06:13:07 AM »
Thanks rollo. I will keep an open mind until I can get one in the house. They offer good value.

Great value and a company that stands behind their product. When I owned by 4BST by accident when on the speaker cables touched and blew it up. My fault. When it was sent for repair they upgraded the trannie for free and fixed it promptly with NO charge.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »
I just got my ears one one(amp) after many years,, WOW,, certainly worth looking into,, I want to pair it up with the mini and Polk SDA's,, hmmm,,.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »
Very interesting guys... thanks.  I'll try to hear it again too. I called the dealer about it 6 months ago, never called me back. Try try again....