Author Topic: Virtue One.3 Shipping  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
Virtue One.3 Shipping
« on: March 29, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
Hi Guys,

I just received notification that my Virtue One.3 has shipped from Taiwan.  It should arrive next week as it is only 3900 miles to ship the unit to Perth, Western Australia.  I'll have to run it in using my Salk Sound HT3's which are notoriously hard to drive. 

I'll let you know how they go.  I'm glad to see that this high value company is back up and running again.  I always wanted to

Regards Rod

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Virtue One.3 Shipping
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »

Looks cool, Rod!

http://store.virtueaudio.com/product-p/vrtu-ia-vaone.3-pbf-1.htm

Do you plan to upgrade the PS at some point? The power specs suggest it will be worthwhile upgrade.

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:52:43 AM »
Hi Rich,

I've gone for the upgraded power supply which has been recommended.  Still short on watts for the Salk HT3's but I'm going to use this in my HT system and it should sound quite good.  I always liked the tripath sound.

Btw the trumpeting is going well.

cheers Rod

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
Rod, you might be surprised how well the speakers do with the small amp. Mine are 85dB and do well with 30w SS amp, playing most kinds of music at satisfying level.

I am starting to toot the old pipe again myself, after not playing for a 5 years. Listening to Bud Powell a lot lately has rekindled my desire to play. Glad I didn't sell it to buy cables.  :rofl:

Rafael Mendez is a giant!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:48:58 AM by richidoo »

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
I've read a lot of posts by you Rich and never heard you toot your own horn. Didn't take you as that kinda guy. Let me guess, it's the Frugal horn.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Toot toot!  :lol:

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
Hi Rich,

Just watched the youtube Rafael Mendez and he was a superb trumpet player. You should get back into a band with your skills and experience it shouldn't be too much of journey to make a comeback.  I think from memory your play a Benge?  I'm using a Bach Strad LR180S43 with a reverse lead pipe.  It has a great sound.

Anyway I'll post my opinion of the Virtue One.3 once it is settled in.

Cheers Rod

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 02:28:32 AM »
Hi Guys,

I received the Virtue One.3 on Monday and this amplifier sounds far better than it should at its asking price.  I've had it playing in my system and currently I'm not using my Ampzilla 2000 mark II's.  Its surprising how good the One.3 actually drives my Salk Sound HT3's which notoriously like plenty of watts.

Cheers Rod

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:38 AM »
Great news! Congratulations Rod! Enjoy the new sound
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 08:03:20 AM »
  Hey Rod nice to hear enjoy !

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »
Yay! That's awesome, Rod! Thanks for letting us know... Always great to hear a good story from you about new gear.. :)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:37 AM »
Hi,

The addition of the Virtue One.3 has been a timely arrival.  One of the ampzilla 2000 mono blocks is damaged beyond repair in Australia.  I've shipped it back to the US to repair by Wyred 4 Sound as they are the new owners of the company.  Although it was bought prior to them owning the company they are honouring the warranty for me.  I was pretty lucky as there was only 6 months left on it.  I'm also going to replace the transformer in this mono block as it buzzes quite a bit and I was told that they have redesigned the transformer to reduce buzzing.  I was pretty lucky to get a good deal on shipping as it has only cost me about $310 australian to ship from the West coast of Australia to California. 

Anyway the Virtue One.3 hasn't disappointed me.

Regards Rod

Offline richidoo

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
Cullen built the Ampzillas anyway as contract factory for Bongiorno, so I'm glad they are standing behind their work, but I'm sorry to hear they have broken again.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
 Hey Rocket glad it is working out for you. Are you near Bill Hobba who posts here from down under ?
charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.