Author Topic: Accuphase?  (Read 13341 times)

WEEZ

Accuphase?
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
Just curious if anyone here has any experience with Accuphase amplifiers. Integrated's in particular.

:?:

WEEZ

shep

Accuphase?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:17:58 AM »
It's strange how nobody talks about their gear. It's pricey sure but that never stopped anyone. It should be very good but aside from magazine reviews I've never had my hand on one, seen or heard.

WEEZ

Accuphase?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »
same here, shep. Never heard or seen any....

Obviously, neither has anyone else here :lol:

A friend of my brother has a chance to buy a 6 month old E-213 integrated for $1700. (I think it cost $3000 new). He asked me what I thought and I said hell if I know.

WEEZ

WEEZ

Accuphase?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »
Well, as it turns out, there's a discussion of this amp at:

www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0705/nearfield7.htm

(it follows the discussion of the T-amp...)

Sounds almost a suave as a Leben, eh shep? :)

WEEZ

shep

Accuphase?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:22:03 AM »
I would take a Leben but that's just me wanting to be exclusive!
Accuphase makes very pricey CDP's too but again no one seems to be talking...maybe they're awful and people are embarrased to admit it?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Accuphase?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 05:43:32 AM »
I thought you had to a be a retired dentist to own Accuphase? And drive a restored 78 Stingray? Kindalike Bose, except underneath the image it is actually pretty good. That's my impression.

Maybe a good argument for Harley next month when he is attacked for only reviewing advertisers. Never seen a review in any magazine ever! But plenty of ads.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Accuphase?
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:44:03 AM »
 When you hear an all Accuphase system, you may rethink what is possible in this hobby. Unfortunately Accuphase is beyound the reach of most Audiophiles.  Kind of like the sound of Carnegie hall. Rich and powerfull with natural harmonic structure. Killer bass and life size imaging.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »
Have seen it and heard it on a couple of occasions. Very good but way too expensive. Did some of that in the 90's. I'm not going down that road anymore....I think :roll:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Hantra

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »
I've heard the DC-101 and DP-100 combo.  It's among the most impressive oversampled digital I have ever had the pleasure to hear.  In fact, if I was going to go back to oversampled, I'd want that, or the Linn CD12. 

McIntosh hasn't made anything comparable to this particular digital front-end, but I would hardly compare Accuphase and McIntosh, like the above link.  In fact, if I was in the market for a $3k integrated, it would absolutely be the McIntosh MA6300.  Why settle for "the Japanese McIntosh" when you can have the real thing?   :rofl: