Author Topic: Torus RM 20 wiring  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Torus RM 20 wiring
« on: May 07, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »
I decide to put my Furutech GTX outlet into my Torus. Release the out let's and got the wire out. I was  :shock: to see the whole thing is wired in and out using 600 volt nickel plated copper!  At first I thought it was aluminum. This can't be wtf! Every bit of wiring in there is nickel plated.

Contacted Torus about that. They are looking into it. I always thought the Torus had a glare to it but it didn't sound overwrought. I was able to work with it but now I know why.

Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

Re: Torus RM 20 wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
Would they have wound the transformer with nickel plated copper?
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:19:31 AM »
  Possible but not probable. where are using the Torus ? CDP only ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
I've got my BDP 1 and BDA 2, Chapter Précis integrated (preamp out) into the Torus. The Chapter amp is in the wall. I found out the wiring is stranded copper from the transformer. Tinned at the end where it meets the connect from stranded into solid wire used to power the out lets. The outlets wire is easily changed out into solid copper which I've done. But that wire is more nickel than copper. 12 gauge garbage IMO. Unbelievable they would use that on a $4k unit. Or what ever they want for that now. I am assuming they are still using it since Torus never got back to me.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »
 Werd no surprise to me about the wire. What is surprising is Torus did not reply yet.
   The reason i asked what was plugged in the Torus that to date every one I tried stole dynamics and affected tonality of the top end from the components. However digital likes isolation from the rest of the system with no Ill affect.
    To date the onlt conditioner for amps and all else is the PIAudio Uberbuss. Many use the Torus, Uber combo with the Torus plugged into wall and Uber after.
     Not trying to sell you an Uber just my experience with conditioning.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.