Author Topic: Beyerdynamic T50P Headphones... anyone listen to them yet...  (Read 3870 times)

djdube525

Beyerdynamic T50P Headphones... anyone listen to them yet...
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
I still keep looking for a nice, comfortable pair of portable headphones. I see Beyerdynamic released a new set of headphone (T50P). I'm curious if anyone hear may have heard them at the Charlotte Can-Fest (or similar) and can provide some impressions. Have been waffling on some ATH-ESW9s for sometime...

Decisions Decisions... :roll:

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/sports-and-on-the-way/t-50-p.html

Dave

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Beyerdynamic T50P Headphones... anyone listen to them yet...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
I didn't see those T50Ps at the Charlotte can fest. They do look nice. For portable I like in-ears for isolation (from screaming sports parents.)  But an on-ear would signal everyone to leave me alone. Trade offs... 

The ATs seem full size, not so "portable."  But it seems like the same effort to carry small ones as large ones. Even in ears need to be untangled each time. More trade offs.

The T50P has 6 week waiting time.

djdube525

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »
If you think those are big... you should see the Audio Technica A900s... those things were *huge*. People made comments that I looks like Princess Leah.  :rofl:

Every IEM I've tried (admittedly, not a ton) have always ended up being painful after 15 minutes of use. I must have delicate ears.  :?

I'd like to go that route (less conspicuous), but I'm not about to forgo comfort.

Dave

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:02:57 AM »
I'm with you on the comfort. I am using new seals now, softer molded foam type that are comfortable. But they are too big I have to get some of the smaller size. The clear vinyl seals I used before were very uncomfortable, prbably because they hardened over time.   The molded earpiece kind are very comfortable and perfect seal so you can turn the volume way down, but they are pricey.

Listening to e530s last night, and thinking about my statements above, I did notice that the deepest bass was not as tight and clear as I would have liked. But that goes against the many reviews about them, so it could be the file compression (mp3 320kbps), or the mobile player's output stage weakness at low freq into that load, etc. But 50Hz and up is nice.  I'll try separates later to see what's really going on in the bass

Princess Leah... that's funny!

djdube525

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
Oh... the other issue I have with IEMs... not to rekindle an old thread...

There are days where I produce massive amounts of ear wax. Everytime I pop them out, it's like... "Damn dude... ever use a Q-Tip?" I tried the UE's foam tips... and although they were compliant, once I got them in my ear, and the foam started expanding... 10-15 miniutes afterwards I start getting headaches.

One of the more comfy headphones I've had are the Sennheiser 595s... nice soft covers... never knew they were really there. Alas... open backed headphones don't play nicely at work.

Hence the search for something smaller than the AT-A900s with a closed back... I looked dorky enough at work... my wife would disown me if I walked through an airport with those things. They were comfy though. :)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
I have the same problem with earwAX. Lately it has been much less. I am taking supplements that help with cholesterol, which is what earwax is. Lecithin, coconut oil, Vitamin C, Fish oil they all dissolve cholesterol in vitro, and it seems to have reduced the earwax too. I don't see any on my earbuds anymore.

I know what you mean about the IEM headaches. I had those too with the vinyl nubs.

Hey what about a hat? Or a new hairdoo? Or a wig like this guy:
  Then your wife will not complain about the dorky headphones anymore.   :D