Author Topic: Florida Audio Expo  (Read 12649 times)

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
Florida Audio Expo
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:52:21 PM »
https://floridaaudioexpo.com

Yet another audio show :duh

Busch Gardens, strip clubs and oh yeah, lots of audio toys in the bitterness of a FL winter Feb (avg around 80 degrees this year)

cheers,

AJ

Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
https://floridaaudioexpo.com

Yet another audio show :duh

Busch Gardens, strip clubs and oh yeah, lots of audio toys in the bitterness of a FL winter Feb (avg around 80 degrees this year)

cheers,

AJ

Hmmm, drinking beer, naked women and audio?? Seems like a great time 👍
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
I’m going. I don’t care if there are a lot of ‘big name’ exhibitors or not. I know an audio enthusiast friend that lives nearby, and it’s Florida in February. Why not?
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:30:35 AM »
I don’t care if there are a lot of ‘big name’ exhibitors or not.
We're inviting big and small...

The "big" names are on exhibitor list because they committed early, I'll be sure to add some small ones too, including me! :thumb:

cheers,

AJ

p.s. Charley and Pete, the other half of NY are here in FL already, come on down! LOL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:32:12 AM by AJ Soundfield »
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Good time to be away from the snow.

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Good time to be away from the snow.
Come on down!
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »
Sounds like a good time.  It would be good to see you and Tom!

Hmmmmmm.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »
Another show?
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
AJ,

Are you one of the organizers?
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
AJ,

Hi Hugh,

Yes I am. The very abbreviated story:
My ability to travel to shows has been limited to none of late, due to family/work circumstances...so...connected with Wayne Parham after having attended and loved Lonestar Audiofest. With his blessings, spoke with lady at Embassy Suites Dallas, who put me in their system, connected me with Tampa locations, about having Lonestar style show here.
Got the ball rolling, found location, partnered with 3 gents in the Suncoast Audiophile Society, Tampa local audio club, as running this myself would have been impossible. One is a dealer in Sarasota, he contacted a bunch of FL big name manufacturers...who basically said no way if show is that "cheap", like Lonestar. Yep, that's right, gotta love Audiophile manufacturers. So the compromise was..$2.2k for the room, which includes (totally separate) sleeping room. Similar to Dallas...but better. The listening room is 12.5 w x 19' deep. The suite is quite a bit bigger, because the building was built as a condo tower originally.
So we're talking literally 1/2 what a typical show costs, maybe less when factoring sleeping room. Not out of desperation, but each of us has our own income, so this isn't a make as much money as possible show for us like typical. Plus we don't have to go anywehere. There is zero in SE, outside of Lonestar and we're hoping to draw that crowd as well as a few big names. IOW, a cross between a Lonestar and typical bling fest. :D
The hope is we make it affordable for small fries...and also allow the big boys to have 2 rooms fro price of one, with the hopes that they show more of lineup, maybe some entry level in one, top in other, instead of almost always just top of line stuffed into one room. Better for manufacturer and consumer, IMO.
We'll see, won't we.
Spread the word... :thumb:

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
AJ,

Well then count me in.  :)
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 11:34:32 AM »
Excellent! Thanks for explaining how it works, AJ.
Wish you good luck and a sell out!

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
AJ,

Hi Hugh,

My ability to travel to shows has been limited to none of late, due to family/work circumstances...so...connected with Wayne Parham after having attended and loved Lonestar Audiofest. With his blessings, spoke with lady at Embassy Suites Dallas, who put me in their system, connected me with Tampa locations, about having Lonestar style show here.
Got the ball rolling, found location, partnered with 3 gents in the Suncoast Audiophile Society, Tampa local audio club, as running this myself would have been impossible. One is a dealer in Sarasota, he contacted a bunch of FL big name manufacturers...who basically said no way if show is that "cheap", like Lonestar. Yep, that's right, gotta love Audiophile manufacturers. So the compromise was..$2.2k for the room, which includes (totally separate) sleeping room. Similar to Dallas...but better. The listening room is 12.5 w x 19' deep. The suite is quite a bit bigger, because the building was built as a condo tower originally.
So we're talking literally 1/2 what a typical show costs, maybe less when factoring sleeping room. Not out of desperation, but each of us has our own income, so this isn't a make as much money as possible show for us like typical. Plus we don't have to go anywehere. There is zero in SE, outside of Lonestar and we're hoping to draw that crowd as well as a few big names. IOW, a cross between a Lonestar and typical bling fest. :D
The hope is we make it affordable for small fries...and also allow the big boys to have 2 rooms fro price of one, with the hopes that they show more of lineup, maybe some entry level in one, top in other, instead of almost always just top of line stuffed into one room. Better for manufacturer and consumer, IMO.
We'll see, won't we.

cheers,

AJ

That sounds like a great idea and lots of fun. Hope it’s a tremendous success
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
AJ,

Hi Hugh,

We'll see, won't we.

cheers,

AJ

That sounds like a great idea and lots of fun. Hope it’s a tremendous success
Nick
Good job, AJ!  Makes me want to attend even more   :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:58:13 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
AJ,
Well then count me in.  :)

Good job, AJ!  Makes me want to attend even more   :thumb:
Would love to have you both here! Should be fun, you can literally see beaches/water from upper floors. Walking distance (across street) to some good grub. Lets have a party  :)
Loudspeaker Manufacturer